Film is Curling

Guest vclimber
So they are telling you that you have to install while the glass is cool to prevent this?!?!

UNREAL.

Trouble is when it is too cool then you have the same problem.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like an issue with the film, not the installer. I'd send it back and let them resell it to someone who wont complain about it like every other company does with their defective film. :dunno

yeah they will give credit for film but not for the labour to retint the windows

Guest mikeMN

I have one several question on this it seems that all on hear say that the tops and the bottoms’ have a curling problem, is it just me because I would think why would the sides not curl? Have all the windows been tinted vertically as in the direction it would have come off the roll? Is it from the film being stretch upon the heavy squeegee in a vertical path? Has anyone horizontally heavy squeegeed this film in the sun and had a problem with the tops or bottoms’ curl? I have not had issues on film like this. Have had film that would curl as it came off the roll but had no problems with install. Just wondering on this sounds like many things have been tried. But it sounds like the sun has a lot to do with this and maybe one or two things I have mentioned above may have an impact on the outcome when applied in the sun. :dunno

Guest vclimber
I have one several question on this it seems that all on hear say that the tops and the bottoms’ have a curling problem, is it just me because I would think why would the sides not curl? Have all the windows been tinted vertically as in the direction it would have come off the roll? Is it from the film being stretch upon the heavy squeegee in a vertical path? Has anyone horizontally heavy squeegeed this film in the sun and had a problem with the tops or bottoms’ curl? I have not had issues on film like this. Have had film that would curl as it came off the roll but had no problems with install. Just wondering on this sounds like many things have been tried. But it sounds like the sun has a lot to do with this and maybe one or two things I have mentioned above may have an impact on the outcome when applied in the sun. :dunno

It usually curls on the running direction edge. Sometimes the film gets too much tension placed on it in MFG or it sits in the box for years and gets a memory.

Archived