3 bay auto tint shop for sub-lease

Guest denvertinter

Guest denvertinter

It's been a while since I've made it here, and don't see the "classified" section anymore, so I figured this one might work.

I opened a new shop last summer, and while it did very well through November (about 40 jobs a month), we've been doing about 3 jobs (auto) a week since then. I didn't have a ton of working capital to throw at advertising which hasn't helped the cause.

So, I'm considering throwing in the towel on the auto biz now - mainly since I'm the owner and not the tinter (contract labor sub contracted out). My flat glass biz has done pretty well and I'll continue that out of the house.

Here's the shop details in case anyone is interested in moving to or "expanding" into the Denver market. 3 auto bays, about 1k sq. ft. with office and bathroom. Located on a street with 38k daily traffic count (I checked prior to renting). Cheap electric bills and good signage. There is one new auto dealership (Ford) across the street with 3/4 more within 1/4 mile due by next year (if you like dealer work). Rent is $1380 a month and the lease is re-newable and currently through July.

This is a location that will work, but IMO it needs to be a tinter/owner. I'm a flat glass sales guy that decided to give the auto biz a shot. The location was making $ from the beginning, but the "off season" and lack of capital to spend on advertising is hurting now. FYI, the market rates for auto biz are still decent ($150ish for average jobs) with a few local shops going below that b/c they're slow now.

The location would come with 2/3 auto dealer accounts (Ford/Toyota/Cadillac) that were keeping us pretty busy plus a couple body shops, but have slowed down lately (including some mobile work - mainly clear bras). Denver/CO is a good tint market - usually top 5 nationally, but this location needs someone that can put a little $ into it to really get it going.

If you're interested, please give me a call @ 720.434.2183

Guest Bluefeather

:thumbdown NATIVE AMERICAN WINDOW TINTER SEEKING EMPLOYMENT

My name is Louis Bluefeather and am a 25 yr. experienced window tinter

in all aspects of the industry such as marketing, sales, training, and

installation of commercial, residential, auto, and marine window tinting,

including safety, anti-graffitti, and blackout films. Unfortunately, I

am currently "STRANDED!" in a small town in Oregon called Sublimity (pop.

1,100), working for a company that can bearly supply me enough work to

pay my rent. Therefor I am hereby replying to your add because I am

stuck between a rock and a hard spot and at this point am looking for a

legitimate job with a stable compay and am willing to relocate if neccessary. My email

address is bluefthr@nativeweb.net and if you are looking for someone

who is well experienced and honest, let's communicate. Louis Bluefeather

Guest Bluefeather

:thumb Yeah, I hear ya, the thing is that the net , and this particular forum can be used as a great tool for us tinter's to network etc. But on the other hand. and I know that you know how this business is like out there, I learned a sharp lesson of caution, because it is also so very easy for people to misrepresent themselves on the net. Case and point, the situation I am in. So I am doing this very cautiously, because I don't want to make the same mistake again. And by the way, my hat's off to the owner of this website, because it is really nice for us tinters to have this forum to communicate. You have my respect.

Bluefeather :thumb

Archived