Installing Vinyl in the snow and cold..

Went back to finish up a tint job by installing some vinyl signage for the customer. Installing vinyl on a snowy and cold (27 degrees) is not fun. I am glad I sported the long-johns under my clothes today. A tip for those who dont do much vinyl installation, On cold days do a dry install and when peeling off the transfer tape, wet it down with rapid tac or a homemade brew mixture of alcohol and H2O to break down the adhesive which makes it easier to pull off.

IMG_0023-1.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

IMG_0026-1.jpg

Guest Jerry250f

I did decals on a BIG truck last week and had a hell of a time getting that paper off the top. It was inside a building but the truck was cold so that made it difficult.

I guess now I know :yoda

I did decals on a BIG truck last week and had a hell of a time getting that paper off the top. It was inside a building but the truck was cold so that made it difficult.

I guess now I know :yoda

Yeah, you definitely want to wet down the transfer tape and let it sit for about 5 minutes...makes it peel off like butter without taking the vinyl lettering off the surface you want it to stick to. And appy it dry if you can... :yoda

You are aware that the minimum application temp. on most all vinyl is 46 degrees Fahrenheit right????

:twocents

Hmmmm...I guess no vinyl can be applied up here from November through February. Boy I would hate to be in the vinyl business exclusively up here... <--trying not to sound too sarcastic... :beer

You are aware that the minimum application temp. on most all vinyl is 46 degrees Fahrenheit right????

:nope

Hmmmm...I guess no vinyl can be applied up here from November through February. Boy I would hate to be in the vinyl business exclusively up here... <--trying not to sound too sarcastic... :twocents

I'm not saying it can't be done at colder temps., cause I have done it, but if you read the oracal chart, it gives you all the specs.

Ever tried installing reflective when it's that cold????

That sh!t will snap like thin sheets of ice.... :beer

Archived