bg and acid

Guest justincredible

Guest justincredible

So I messed up a back glass and ripped it off. There was glue. I did not have any film off and like a dump ass I sprayed some acid (because the detailer beside me had it out). Well the defrost lines flacked off. I think the steal part is still intact. I retinted it and sent it on it's way. Does anyone know if that was even safe? Will the tint catch fire or anything?

Guest Sprinter

I watched a tinter do the same thing he put it on a rag and wiped the glue off and then the lines all came off too, he ended up paying for the glass because it was from a dealership lot, that sucked for him and now you maybe they won't notice :thumb

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

It's prob a different acid than the vin etching. I use to do that, the acid was pink and thick. I think the black coating is just coming off the defrost lines. I'm not positive but I think it's just a protective layer that keeps the metal from being exposed. Some metalic tint might mess things up I don't know but other than that I doubt there will be any problems with tinting over the bare metal line.hmmm unless it rusts eventually. who knows

Guest vincetints

Detailing acid won't horribly etch the glass but it will roughen it up a bit. We used to use it to clean sprinkler stains off the outside of the glass.

I doubt if the defrost would get hot enough to break the glass. They don't get nearly as hot as the glass gets from having tint on it.

If the metal is still there you are fine. Those things oxidize over time. Hopefully you just cleaned them up real good.

Archived