Starting my own auto tinting business

Hey everyone, love the website. I just started getting into tinting about a few months ago and I am thinking about starting up a small auto tinting business in my own garage and hopefully open a shop one day if its successful. I am doing this on my own so I don't have anybody who can teach me, I get all my information on this website. I just have a few questions for anyone who started their business before from scratch for some tips and advice. Did your business went well in the beginning? If so, what did you do that made it successful. If it didn't go well, what was the mistake? How many customer do you guys get per day and the average price you charge. Also what are some of the best way to advertise and really get your name out there to the public, I was planning to make some advertisement post on the internet and use word of mouth. What do I need to know to know before starting the business, and what are some of the important things I should DO and DON'T do to grow my business. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated, I am just trying to learn as much as I can in this business so I can avoid making common mistakes. Thanks guys, later.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone, love the website. I just started getting into tinting about a few months ago and I am thinking about starting up a small auto tinting business in my own garage and hopefully open a shop one day if its successful. I am doing this on my own so I don't have anybody who can teach me, I get all my information on this website. I just have a few questions for anyone who started their business before from scratch for some tips and advice. Did your business went well in the beginning? If so, what did you do that made it successful. If it didn't go well, what was the mistake? How many customer do you guys get per day and the average price you charge. Also what are some of the best way to advertise and really get your name out there to the public, I was planning to make some advertisement post on the internet and use word of mouth. What do I need to know to know before starting the business, and what are some of the important things I should DO and DON'T do to grow my business. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated, I am just trying to learn as much as I can in this business so I can avoid making common mistakes. Thanks guys, later.

Before doing anything with starting a biz, I would get a at least a couple of years under my belt with tinting. Every car is different and there are different techniques you HAVE to get good at before you can truly be successful. :rollin

Good luck.

We need more $89 craigslist tinters.

Guest tintmanlibby

it's slow out! I would love an extra $125.00 film removal charge on top of the regular tint price :rollin

my advice is to start out moble so the custy cant find u after you get paid oh yea no check's or credit card only cash! :spit

Guest tintgod
My advice, go into the glass business or something else. Find a need business not a want business. The economy sucks and will for awhile. People don;t spend money on wants in times like these, they spend money on needs!

:cold :cold

I have a feeling the way the econ. is right now...we are going to see a lot more of this with ppl losing jobs and looking for that quick easy money..be prepared.

and some of these DIY sites are not going to help us professionals out in the long run.

Archived