Windshield strips???

Guest oasisglatint

Guest oasisglatint

How do you guys do yours?

Do you cuttem to match factory shape, or do you slap the film on and use the factory edge and give it the old "rainbow" look?

Seen them done this way, looks like :hmmm to me.

We sit the custy in the car, mark it to their specs, and cut it to the factory shape.

Jus wonder'n for curiositys sake

:nope

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was using tint_terrorist method and I did some contoured visors until I scratch a windshield with my olfa :nope , now I use the factory edge again.

I could try to cut it on another glass but I havent really tried. how do you get a perfect cut?

Guest Jerry250f

I'm not that good at the contour strips. I usually one day when im bored cut various size strips from 5"-10" with like half inch increments. If the want a strip I ask how low and usually got one that fits perfect. I bought a piece of steel from home depot think like a ruler and about 6ft long. Perfect straight line every time.

Guest filmslayer
60" plotter and film does the job with computercut patterns or custom designed. No walking back and forth or standing precariously on door sill.

:nope we have 48" plotter and tint/tec ....

We offer both factory edge and and hand cut to the customer and explain exactly what that means. We charge a little extra for the hand cut. If the customer has a vehicle the very curved I explain and show them that they are probably gonna want to get the slightly more expensive hand cut. The customer gets exactly what they want and the installer gets a little extra for hand cuts. Everybody is happy. :nope

Guest oasisglatint
I was using tint_terrorist method and I did some contoured visors until I scratch a windshield with my olfa :thumb , now I use the factory edge again.

I could try to cut it on another glass but I havent really tried. how do you get a perfect cut?

Pattern!!

:lol2

Archived