Windshield strips???

Guest oasisglatint

Guest teamfutaba
How do you guys do yours?

Do you cuttem to match factory shape, or do you slap the film on and use the factory edge and give it the old "rainbow" look?

Seen them done this way, looks like :linedrink to me.

We sit the custy in the car, mark it to their specs, and cut it to the factory shape.

Jus wonder'n for curiositys sake

:eyebrows

heres a w/s template I had made, its 70+"s long with a 3" radius, curve. works real well on most w/s. just lay the film on top after you wet it, use the straight edge to make sure it's even and how wide you want the strip and cut. your strip now has a near perfect contour. I will make another with a 4" radius per 70" it should be right on then. one more thing, its mounted on a peeling board "5x8 slider" with double sided 3M tape. those faint #'s are how wide the strip is.

IMG_1890.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys do yours?

Do you cuttem to match factory shape, or do you slap the film on and use the factory edge and give it the old "rainbow" look?

Seen them done this way, looks like :popcorn to me.

We sit the custy in the car, mark it to their specs, and cut it to the factory shape.

Jus wonder'n for curiositys sake

:hmmm

heres a w/s template I had made, its 70+"s long with a 3" radius, curve. works real well on most w/s. just lay the film on top after you wet it, use the straight edge to make sure it's even and how wide you want the strip and cut. your strip now has a near perfect contour. I will make another with a 4" radius per 70" it should be right on then. one more thing, its mounted on a peeling board "5x8 slider" with double sided 3M tape. those faint #'s are how wide the strip is.

IMG_1890.jpg

great idea, been free handing mine, and I save the liners cutting a new one in a jiffy. need to go your route but will need one at a 7" radius. the fords. having a 6" contour, and still find a 1.5" contour needed to fill, sitting in the car with a strait edge, seing the contour needed

Guest mudflap120
60" plotter and film does the job with computercut patterns or custom designed. No walking back and forth or standing precariously on door sill.

I have computer cut and it does not match at all when I do it. I use the factory edge and then measure every two to three inches to get the contour look.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I just slap the factory edge on there and be done with it. most customers ask for the "curving down" look of the factory edge when they book them

omg..this is way FUNNY

just goes to show how far peole will go just to say its hand cut

as far as that working on most your wrong...you will need 1-5 inches plus the halfs that fall in between..........

im on ComputerCut so templates are not needed, but im glad your trying to copy whats right and what ComputerCut does from the start

hahaha remeber when the craz was a strip on the top and bottom :dumbass

ive done a few that way but cut w/ ComputerCut and was awsome. when you sat in the car it made you feel like your watch wide screen tv....gave it a straight look instead of the eyebrow look

Archived