Windshield strips???

Guest oasisglatint

O I just slap strips in- no precutting- cut inside after peeling. If they want to pay extra ill curve it, loop it, zig-zag it or whatever else they can come up with.

Seriously? You cut inside, on the frit? Cough cough hack cough cough. :lol

j/k :lol

Its GOTTA be full of :beer and whatnot!

Try it sometime. mine wont have a speck in them. I am far from the first tinter to do them that way, I was shown that lil trick back in the 80's so its not new. You dont spray water on the inside for one. I am not saying you can do it on the first try without it looking like crap, but I can. :lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How you you handle... the mirror mount?

I remove the mirror if possible, the film will lay on top of it no problem. one click of the olfa and you follow it around the mounts edge. the mirror will hide the cut. If it wont come off, you can cut a T top cut first then down the center. each side folds then cut them. If neither will work, I cut it on the outside. It is no different to me than tinting commercial glass. Kinda. :beer

O I just slap strips in- no precutting- cut inside after peeling. If they want to pay extra ill curve it, loop it, zig-zag it or whatever else they can come up with.

Seriously? You cut inside, on the frit? Cough cough hack cough cough. :beer

j/k :cool

Its GOTTA be full of :sand and whatnot!

Try it sometime. mine wont have a speck in them. I am far from the first tinter to do them that way, I was shown that lil trick back in the 80's so its not new. You dont spray water on the inside for one. I am not saying you can do it on the first try without it looking like crap, but I can. :beer

:cool It is amazing how two people can do something entirely different and come out with the same end result. I was taught to cut them batches on the outside...we all learn different! :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno

Seriously? You cut inside, on the frit? Cough cough hack cough cough. :beer

j/k :cool

Its GOTTA be full of :cool and whatnot!

Try it sometime. mine wont have a speck in them. I am far from the first tinter to do them that way, I was shown that lil trick back in the 80's so its not new. You dont spray water on the inside for one. I am not saying you can do it on the first try without it looking like crap, but I can. :sand

:beer It is amazing how two people can do something entirely different and come out with the same end result. I was taught to cut them batches on the outside...we all learn different! :beer

some people on here seem to have trouble understanding that concept(frankieing, full/half peeling, etc) :mad

60" plotter and film does the job with computercut patterns or custom designed. No walking back and forth or standing precariously on door sill.

I have computer cut and it does not match at all when I do it. I use the factory edge and then measure every two to three inches to get the contour look.

your not measuring it right then I never have a problem even with generic sunstrips

Guest thatsnappyguy

visor strips are the easiest thing to tint on a cr besides SOME 1/4 vents....its crazy how some people can take the easiest thing ever, and turn it into a big wod of BS with a million steps.

Archived