super slow this month

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

The dealership I work for hasn't had a christmas in years. They owe $ to all of their vendors and parts suppliers, they haven't bought me any tint in like 3 months, and they've had a few payroll checks bounce. To top it off the town I live in is on the Forbes website for the #3 fastest dying towns in america. :thumb look http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/08/towns-ten...thisSpeed=30000

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an alright summer. The two months leading up to the presidential election sucked and to make it worse I just blew a bunch of money on my honeymoon. Oddly enough we had a great Nov. But it wasn't a whole lot of tint mostly Audio video. This month unfortunately is shaping to be slightly slower than last year. Fortunately the home media is rockin and rollin so we are putting in as much hours towards that as possibly. A lot of the other shops around us bit the dust a long time ago and there is a couple more I don't think are gonna make it through the winter.

Its slow, sure. All the more reason to start knocking on doors, and visiting commercial buildings. Ive got two in my sites right now. 50000sq ft on one, and 73000 on the other. If I get those, next year will look great.

Come on guys, cheer up. Sometimes you gotta get out and talk to people. Can't rely on the phone to ring or people to walk in your shop all the time. I find being a little scared is a huge motivator.

Its slow, sure. All the more reason to start knocking on doors, and visiting commercial buildings. Ive got two in my sites right now. 50000sq ft on one, and 73000 on the other. If I get those, next year will look great.

Come on guys, cheer up. Sometimes you gotta get out and talk to people. Can't rely on the phone to ring or people to walk in your shop all the time. I find being a little scared is a huge motivator.

:dunno "the harder you work the luckier you get" I am a firm believer in it.

I haven't checked, but I think, so far, this dec is lower then last year. But my dec is normally kindof slow anyway.

Overall for 2008 I'm up from 2007, and I'm actually really looking forward to 2009. It's definitely going to be more of a challenge, but I'm up for a good challenge. :thumb

Archived