Would it match?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

I had some windows tinted with Llumar ATC about 3-4 months ago. Well, yesterday not sure who it happened but something must have gone wrong when rolling one down. Anyway it made one mark about 3" and another about 1" where it cut through the tint. You can see light through it on the inside. It's super deep scratches that made their way through the tint. On the outside you can only see it when really close to it as in a foot or two away from it after that you can't see it. Looks worse on the inside than out since you can see light through it. This is why I'm not too fond of film. This stuff just doesn't happen to privacy glass. Anyway, I'm not sure yet if it bugs me enough to have it redone but I'm thinking about it. If I had someone just redo that window would it match the rest or would the other window which has had the tint for 3-4 months have faded to look different? Should I just have the one window redone if I do it or should I have them redo both?

Dear diary,

My home stereo speaker got a hole from my 2 year old. I wonder if the sound will be EXACT with a new one???

Sincerely,

a concerned tinter

Dude, get over it. IF it did not MATCH then you can always get both doors done again. If it does then good for the tint. ATR SHOULD be fine though...

Guest hometheaterman
oh yeah if you had a LEGAL tint job and it did fade it would be covered in the warranty!

I thought the warranty didn't cover fading? Or does it? I might have to re read it.

oh yeah if you had a LEGAL tint job and it did fade it would be covered in the warranty!

I thought the warranty didn't cover fading? Or does it? I might have to re read it.

you talked about how you had !llegal tint all the time and if that is true it doesn't matter what the warranty the manufacture gives on a film. It is null and void on any !llegal application.

Llumar has a "no purple" warranty.....sorry, I was thinking it was fading....

Guest hometheaterman

I did have 5% Llumar ATR in the past until I got a ticket for it. Looked good but too much trouble. I think that's what you remember me talking about.

Archived