Getting more UV protection by Doubling Film??

Guest tintgod

and one other thing...if they can block 99.9%..why cant the get it to block another .1% more?..that has always bugged the sheit out of me...I mean..how hard can it be to block that extra .1 % of UV after blocking 99.9% of it. :dunno

Guest vclimber
:DD

you mean your not going to get 199.8% UV protection? :beer:dunno

Well my film can block that much. :DD

and one other thing...if they can block 99.9%..why cant the get it to block another .1% more?..that has always bugged the sheit out of me...I mean..how hard can it be to block that extra .1 % of UV after blocking 99.9% of it. :lol

The way I understand it is that it is a technicality because it is arguable as to where exactly the UV spectrum ends and the visible light starts. Eventually you get a longer wavelength somewhere on the border that does not get filtered out. Then there is the portion of UV that gets absorbed and transmitted as heat... how do you say that you have 0% transmission when that happens? :lol

Guest oasisglatint
The way I understand it is that it is a technicality because it is arguable as to where exactly the UV spectrum ends and the visible light starts. Eventually you get a longer wavelength somewhere on the border that does not get filtered out. Then there is the portion of UV that gets absorbed and transmitted as heat... how do you say that you have 0% transmission when that happens? :dunno

Nah.....

I think it was Friday at "go" time, and the r&d guys said effe it! :lol

We are doing a home where lives a little girl with a rare form of a skin condition that can rapidly turn cancerous when exposed to UV rays. We already put on Vista V14 Ultima + LLulu AU75 on her parents house, now her granparents want to put 2 layers of AU75 on. I was just wondering if any one out there has run in to this kind of thing before. Thanks

Guest vclimber
We are doing a home where lives a little girl with a rare form of a skin condition that can rapidly turn cancerous when exposed to UV rays. We already put on Vista V14 Ultima + LLulu AU75 on her parents house, now her granparents want to put 2 layers of AU75 on. I was just wondering if any one out there has run in to this kind of thing before. Thanks

Is it just the UV or is it visible light that affects her condition as well? They should have a high quality UV meter (better than what we use) that you could use to test the setup. :dunno

Check this website: http://www.xps.org/

There are several window film dealers that have donated film and labor throughout the years; typically supported by their manufacturers.

Archived