Getting more UV protection by Doubling Film??

Check this website: http://www.xps.org/

There are several window film dealers that have donated film and labor throughout the years; typically supported by their manufacturers.

I've emailed them twice over the years and never got a response.

Try calling John Hanson, SUNTROL Cleveland OH. He is a very active volunteer in this org.

1-800-466-8468

Check this website: http://www.xps.org/

There are several window film dealers that have donated film and labor throughout the years; typically supported by their manufacturers.

I've emailed them twice over the years and never got a response.

Try calling John Hanson, SUNTROL Cleveland OH. He is a very active volunteer in this org.

1-800-466-8468

This is great!! Thanks so very much!

Guest mischief
:nope

you mean your not going to get 199.8% UV protection? :beer:thumb

Well my film can block that much. :lol

and one other thing...if they can block 99.9%..why cant the get it to block another .1% more?..that has always bugged the sheit out of me...I mean..how hard can it be to block that extra .1 % of UV after blocking 99.9% of it. :thumb

The way I understand it is that it is a technicality because it is arguable as to where exactly the UV spectrum ends and the visible light starts. Eventually you get a longer wavelength somewhere on the border that does not get filtered out. Then there is the portion of UV that gets absorbed and transmitted as heat... how do you say that you have 0% transmission when that happens? :skit

Stop expressing the measurement to tenth of a percent. (when in doubt, round up :).

And if the UV is transmitted as heat, its no long UV and you can say 0% transmission.

Guest vclimber
:beer

you mean your not going to get 199.8% UV protection? :skit:thumb

Well my film can block that much. :nope

and one other thing...if they can block 99.9%..why cant the get it to block another .1% more?..that has always bugged the sheit out of me...I mean..how hard can it be to block that extra .1 % of UV after blocking 99.9% of it. :)

The way I understand it is that it is a technicality because it is arguable as to where exactly the UV spectrum ends and the visible light starts. Eventually you get a longer wavelength somewhere on the border that does not get filtered out. Then there is the portion of UV that gets absorbed and transmitted as heat... how do you say that you have 0% transmission when that happens? :lol

Stop expressing the measurement to tenth of a percent. (when in doubt, round up :).

And if the UV is transmitted as heat, its no long UV and you can say 0% transmission.

Did 3M teach you that thinking? :thumb

Guest mischief
:hmmm

you mean your not going to get 199.8% UV protection? :lol2:popcorn

Well my film can block that much. :hmmm

and one other thing...if they can block 99.9%..why cant the get it to block another .1% more?..that has always bugged the sheit out of me...I mean..how hard can it be to block that extra .1 % of UV after blocking 99.9% of it. :lol2

The way I understand it is that it is a technicality because it is arguable as to where exactly the UV spectrum ends and the visible light starts. Eventually you get a longer wavelength somewhere on the border that does not get filtered out. Then there is the portion of UV that gets absorbed and transmitted as heat... how do you say that you have 0% transmission when that happens? :lol2

Stop expressing the measurement to tenth of a percent. (when in doubt, round up :lol2.

Did 3M teach you that thinking? :lol

??

Archived