year round tint special

Guest baltimoretint

Guest baltimoretint

Due to poor economic conditions ive decided to offer a free car tint with 125sqft or more of residential film , has anyone here tried anything like that ?

Guest baltimoretint

I guess my thought process is that I would rather sacrifice sometimes and work for less then feel like im too good and and keep my prices up and not have any work at all,lets face it most everyone on this board and in this business knows there is a high profit in window tinting whether it be auto or home ect. of course I dont want to be the one known as THE LOW BALLER I dont think thats good for the industry either but somtimes we all got to bend some to keep food on the plate. Its 14deg. outside right now people just bairly want to walk to there car .

Remember, film does work well in the winter time as an insulator. Check the u-value...the lower the number the better the insulator (I think thats right...V will keep me honest).

I understand what you're saying though. It is tough this time of year. Instead of throwing something in for free, how about offering referrals? I tell my customers (for residential) if they refer me to others, I will pay them $50 per referral for the first 5, and $100 every referral after that. The referred customer has to buy a minimum of 200sq ft for referral payment. So when you ask someone how they heard of you, you know to roll the $50-$100 into the price to pay the person who did the referring.

The customer feels like they can make back some/all of the money they spent with you by telling others, which is a win win for both parties. I have had great results from referrals!

Giving away a free car installtion with a residential installation is an interesting idea, however, there are many who do not wish to have their car done. You would be better off quoting your regular pricing and then offering a discount OR another type of incentive. Something such as free gift certificates to local restaraunts or gas cards, Then you have an exact dollar amount returned, which can be written off on your taxes as entertainment expenses. Plus you have one less thing to worry about. They will find more wrong with a car installation, which in turn will send them looking very closely at your home installation. Also, they will expect warranty coverage on the car, which could come back to bite you later.

Guest tintgod
Giving away a free car installtion with a residential installation is an interesting idea, however, there are many who do not wish to have their car done. You would be better off quoting your regular pricing and then offering a discount OR another type of incentive. Something such as free gift certificates to local restaraunts or gas cards, Then you have an exact dollar amount returned, which can be written off on your taxes as entertainment expenses. Plus you have one less thing to worry about. They will find more wrong with a car installation, which in turn will send them looking very closely at your home installation. Also, they will expect warranty coverage on the car, which could come back to bite you later.

sounds good to me.. :sign

Archived