Chrysler is shutting down!

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
The folks at Chrysler are not going to be paid, except for unemployment is what I heard.

Could this be a ploy where the Automakers claim they will not be able to reopen their assembly plants until the Gov't gives them the $$ they

are holding their hand out for ?

You're right. I just heard unemployment and "severance" whatever that is.

Guest mr3y1956

I spent a portion of my life as a Union Ironworker, as a steel erector.

My father was a Union Ironwoker for 41 years and was working on a tower just 3 months before he passed away.

When times get tough in Oklahoma the construction unions will make concessions in order to survive and keep their people working.

The fact that UAW members draw 95% of their wages when they get laid off makes it real hard to feel their pain.

If U.S. Automakers are going to survive there has to be concessions on both sides of the table.

Otherwise, Foreign automakers will dominate once again and UAW will no longer exist.

IMHO.

I have been on both sides of the fence, do you not think that in the good times (economy) that if GM at a corporate level would have made a stance and been willing to loose money for a while instead of raking in the $$$$ that they could not have had better leverage on these union contracts. They could have made the UAW bend and be a little more flexible. These union contracts are a two way street, both parties have to come to an agreement and sign on the dotted line. If the GM management did not think that they could survive with these contracts through the up's and downs of our economy, they should have not signed the contracts. People getting paid 95% of their wages while being laid off is f***ing insane. These greedy ass CEO's thought they would make millions and keep selling vastly overpriced autos at unheard of levels. Now that they are sitting there with millions $$$ in the bank, they are secure, while everybody around them is scrambling looking for government handouts that we end up paying for one way or another. JMO

Archived