What Film Companys

Guest clemsonjody1

Maybe b/c no one but you has problems with it...and ALL film will fade or fail at some point. If you use the cheapest stuff any manufacture carries, it will happen faster. You just have a bad taste in your mouth b/c of the customer service you recieved. When I started in this biz, I worked for a company that was using Madico NS line for automotive...anyone who has used it will tell you it fades clear after 8-10 years. Some custys still had a car that had it installed, and they were still warrantied out by Madico, with no hassel or problems.

I understand this is just your experience and opinion. My experience with Madico films has been great, with both product and distributor customer service. Maybe you should give it another go.

What film are you currenty using?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used all the name brand films and all of them will have an issue about them from time to time! I used Madico when they had the Autolux series (Raybans for your car) It looked green and I didn't care for the film at all but it was marketable and I made money! And that's all that matters! Even though I don't use there film now I still think they make a product you can market and make $ at! Pick a film you like to use and one that looks good and one you can make money with and don't worry about what anyone else thinks!!

Guest Total tint
Maybe b/c no one but you has problems with it...and ALL film will fade or fail at some point. If you use the cheapest stuff any manufacture carries, it will happen faster. You just have a bad taste in your mouth b/c of the customer service you recieved. When I started in this biz, I worked for a company that was using Madico NS line for automotive...anyone who has used it will tell you it fades clear after 8-10 years. Some custys still had a car that had it installed, and they were still warrantied out by Madico, with no hassel or problems.

I understand this is just your experience and opinion. My experience with Madico films has been great, with both product and distributor customer service. Maybe you should give it another go.

no maybe cause its a pos and nobody thats worth a crap uses it

I've used suntek and was happy but they keep mess with the price.

now I'm using this film called "solkool's carbonite" they're just like suntek's carbon,

but it shrinks better and quality is good and best thing is that the

price is awesome, since I get it as factory direct. pm me if u want more info~

Just curious what shades is that film available in?

I've been in the biz for 19 years now and have used various Madico lines for all except one year, when I switched to Llumar. Six claims in 1 year with Llumar was all it took for me to realize my error, and have been with Madico ever since. I use their charcool line and have had ZERO problems. My distributor is the Bray Group in Sacramento and they are wonderful to work with. They even comped me film for my own car and the ONLY claim I had this year was handled speedily with no problem. For me their film is easy to work with, I'm making $$$, and my customers are very happy.

I guess you wont tell me why its sucks then? Im trying to have a conversation with you. I see you use Suntek. I used their HP line for automotive and thought it was great...until I saw a car I had tinted 2 years earlier and the film was turning purple and delaminating. I used Carbon when it first came out but not long enough to know whether or not it is good. I liked it though. I have used their architectural films with NO problems, and they looked good.

I went back to Madico b/c they have a long standing track record with quality. Suntek is not there yet b/c they haven't been around long enough. My distributor helps me with marketing, sales, and give all the support I need to be successful, as long as I am exclusive to Madico. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

You see how I compared another film that I used, and why I didn't like it? This is an easy concept to grasp. Tell me why you don't like it specifically!

I'm worth a crap enough to get repeat customers and referrals. I must be doing something right, and offering a product my customers want. Care to revise your statement?

Guest Total tint

I guess you wont tell me why its sucks then? Im trying to have a conversation with you. I see you use Suntek. I used their HP line for automotive and thought it was great...until I saw a car I had tinted 2 years earlier and the film was turning purple and delaminating. I used Carbon when it first came out but not long enough to know whether or not it is good. I liked it though. I have used their architectural films with NO problems, and they looked good.

I went back to Madico b/c they have a long standing track record with quality. Suntek is not there yet b/c they haven't been around long enough. My distributor helps me with marketing, sales, and give all the support I need to be successful, as long as I am exclusive to Madico. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

You see how I compared another film that I used, and why I didn't like it? This is an easy concept to grasp. Tell me why you don't like it specifically!

I'm worth a crap enough to get repeat customers and referrals. I must be doing something right, and offering a product my customers want. Care to revise your statement?

pm me and I'll be happy to tell you cant go into too much detail on the open board :dunno

Wow... I didn't even realize I wasn't worth a crap. I should look in the mirror sometimes. Been using Madico for a really long time and we have had great success with it. I don't use their chrome or bronze cause they suck, I use Llumar for that and their Mac is a piece, I use Huper for that. I use their Charcoal, and it's not too thin to me, and their Onyx, I love the Onyx and so do my customers. I am not saying Madico is the best but they have some great lines and they always have taken car of us on the few warranties we do submit. I am not always happy with the distributor but they haven't given me a reason to switch yet. We don't advertise and most of our customers come from repeat or referrals. I am not trying to start a fight or am I trying to be threatening but I would like it if you used some forethought before making a blanket statement of that sort.

Wow... I didn't even realize I wasn't worth a crap. I should look in the mirror sometimes. Been using Madico for a really long time and we have had great success with it. I don't use their chrome or bronze cause they suck, I use Llumar for that and their Mac is a piece, I use Huper for that. I use their Charcoal, and it's not too thin to me, and their Onyx, I love the Onyx and so do my customers. I am not saying Madico is the best but they have some great lines and they always have taken car of us on the few warranties we do submit. I am not always happy with the distributor but they haven't given me a reason to switch yet. We don't advertise and most of our customers come from repeat or referrals. I am not trying to start a fight or am I trying to be threatening but I would like it if you used some forethought before making a blanket statement of that sort.

I pm'ed him and he told me why he didn't like it, so I doubt you will see a response from him on this topic...and he was very nice about it.

How come you don't use Charcool? Is Charcoal your entry level film you offer to your custy's and go up from there? I put Onyx on my dads truck when I first started tinting, and it still looks good. It has faded though, and is starting to turn purple...but it doesn't show too much. I dislike MAC as well, but Ive never used it for automotive, only FG. The ps adhesive is hard to work with sometimes on fg, and I think the film could yeild better numbers. I think Madico needs to work on MAC a little more to be a big player in the ceramic/non-metalized market.

I heard a couple of years back that Onyx was going to be discontinued, which is why I use CH. I'll look into it though...I love the way Onyx looks.

BTW, have you used Wincos yet?

Archived