Slip

Guest justincredible

J&J for rear, film on for rollups, but I am experimenting with dishwasher detergents because 1) they have no suds which I hope will help stop any emulsified air dots from reappearing when air gets whipped into the water as it passes throught the sprayer nozzle and it gets missed by tinters in a hurry and 2) the degreasing function of detergents is superior to that of J&J and film on/Dirt off, and it hopefully helps the removal of new car silicone, rainX, oversprayed armorall (all that white stubborn stuff you can't hardly scrape off) and other goo. I worry the price paid is premature adhesive failure or lower psi of the peel strength, because I have only ever seen charts of the film on and J&J being the highest peel strength slips because they are so pure, so I am not using it all the time yet.

Guest filmslayer
Dawn or Joy since day one. Never used anything else b/c Ive never had a problem. J&J huh? Hmmm, maybe I'll try it since it seems to be popular with everyone here.

me too for the first 10yrs,the last 5 J&J.never had a problem that I know of but it was the lack of degreesers in J&J that made me switch ....

J&J for rear, film on for rollups, but I am experimenting with dishwasher detergents because 1) they have no suds which I hope will help stop any emulsified air dots from reappearing when air gets whipped into the water as it passes throught the sprayer nozzle and it gets missed by tinters in a hurry and 2) the degreasing function of detergents is superior to that of J&J and film on/Dirt off, and it hopefully helps the removal of new car silicone, rainX, oversprayed armorall (all that white stubborn stuff you can't hardly scrape off) and other goo. I worry the price paid is premature adhesive failure or lower psi of the peel strength, because I have only ever seen charts of the film on and J&J being the highest peel strength slips because they are so pure, so I am not using it all the time yet.

the detergent will hurt the adhesive! PERIOD! If you are using J&J and or film-on then you are foolish to switch to a detergent. If you want it for cleaning then by all means do that, but don't install your film with it......

I can testify that I had film adhesive failure when using Joy and have not had issues since I changed to Film-on.....

Clean windows with a cleaner and install with an installation product or at the worst J&J.....

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I used the filmhandler stuff for a long time. I got to where I was using 4x the amount it said to, so I've been using generic baby shampoo. I just rinse out the bottle every couple days. Hand squeeze bottle that is. Don't let the stuff sit for a week or you'll get those ugly blotches in the film.

Archived