wages

Guest billybob29

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6-8 per day ?

The guy in the fastest tinter vid can probably do that many before lunch !

Was that the vid of the guy at a dealership doing one window on a Mazda or whatever, that looked like he didn't roll the window down to install?

That right there is what I'm talking about! If he frame cuts and just slaps it on then he ain't worth hiring in my book! But if he does beautiful custom work and has pride and passion about his work and can do 6 to 8 cars then any shop would want him and pay him top dollar!

I agree TA! I'm not busy enough now to have an employee, and to be honest, I'm scared to give anyone a shot. I do auto and fg and to be considered, they would have to know both AND help run the biz while I knock on doors during the day.

I have trust issues b/c of myself. I was such a punk working for others. I stole and cheated my bosses, and I know what goes around comes around. I thought I was the best there was in Houston and deserved everything. What a reality check it is now, with a wife, kids, 2 cars, mortgage, shop...etc. With almost $5000 a month in bills, I can't afford any "mistakes". Scary!

6 cars, 1080 for a 6 day week, but I would take/pay 25% because the cost of living makes for different prices and costs in different parts of the world. That way you could get paid in Yuan if you were in China. The only consistent thing in the business is the percentages, the currencies are always different.

I agree TA! I'm not busy enough now to have an employee, and to be honest, I'm scared to give anyone a shot. I do auto and fg and to be considered, they would have to know both AND help run the biz while I knock on doors during the day.

I have trust issues b/c of myself. I was such a punk working for others. I stole and cheated my bosses, and I know what goes around comes around. I thought I was the best there was in Houston and deserved everything. What a reality check it is now, with a wife, kids, 2 cars, mortgage, shop...etc. With almost $5000 a month in bills, I can't afford any "mistakes". Scary!

I here ya! I know every low down dirty sneaky trick a tinter could pull! That's why when you find a tinter who cares about the quality of there work and always seeking to improve no matter how long they have been tinting , then there about the love of the trade and not just about the love of the money! I would rather have a tinter who could do 3 or 4 cars a day and do them right then have someone who could do 6 or more a day and I have to go " No we don't do it that way here"! or :we don't let things like that go out here" ! Speed comes with experience and quality in this trade comes from having pride and disipline for the little details!

Guest filmslayer
Fricken rookies ! :beer back in the day I could do 6 cars by myself ,never 8. now that I'm old its more like 4 .....

You're only 40! That's when it starts getting fun! :beer

by the way 41 ,just had a b-day in nov. . and your statement is :bs I fall apart a lil more each day :inot :thumb:beer

Fricken rookies ! :poke back in the day I could do 6 cars by myself ,never 8. now that I'm old its more like 4 .....

You're only 40! That's when it starts getting fun! :beer

Archived