wages

Guest billybob29

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would have to prove you could do 6 to 8 cars a day with no problem first! Especially the way I want them done!!

I started today at 8 30am had 7 done by 3 20 pm with a 40 min lunch and watchin a bit of the cricket on tv !!!!

I hand cut out custom fit all windows wet shrink rear screen and I shrink all side windows !!!!

ill bet my right nut not one come back !!!!!!!

SOOOoooo that's 7 cars in 7 hours minus of course the cricket watching and your lunch so basically 7 cars in 6 hours! That's a 51 minutes a car average minus pulling them in and out of the garage! Let's break this down.....Cutting all the film by hand first=15 minutes...WET shrinking back glass=We'll say it's an easy car=10 minutes That leaves you 26 minutes to install (if it's a 4 door car) 7 windows if you don't do sunbans for an average of 3 1/2 minutes a window including the back window! And of course doing this non stop untill your done! Well Billybob...It's possible that you could do this but I would bet my left nut that you can't!!!!

You would have to prove you could do 6 to 8 cars a day with no problem first! Especially the way I want them done!!

I started today at 8 30am had 7 done by 3 20 pm with a 40 min lunch and watchin a bit of the cricket on tv !!!!

I hand cut out custom fit all windows wet shrink rear screen and I shrink all side windows !!!!

ill bet my right nut not one come back !!!!!!!

SOOOoooo that's 7 cars in 7 hours minus of course the cricket watching and your lunch so basically 7 cars in 6 hours! That's a 51 minutes a car average minus pulling them in and out of the garage! Let's break this down.....Cutting all the film by hand first=15 minutes...WET shrinking back glass=We'll say it's an easy car=10 minutes That leaves you 26 minutes to install (if it's a 4 door car) 7 windows if you don't do sunbans for an average of 3 1/2 minutes a window including the back window! And of course doing this non stop untill your done! Well Billybob...It's possible that you could do this but I would bet my left nut that you can't!!!!

:thumb

not hand cutting anyway...of course he didn't say if he was at a dealership. If it was all the same car, I could believe him...especially if its at a subaru dealer. A lot of the Imrezas has frameless windows and were a cake walk to tint. I did a strip and retint on a friends (used a plotter, and sides came off with no glue) in just over an hour. Without a strip and retint, it would take about 30 minutes to tint with a plotter, for me anyway.

I can do 7 two fronts by 3 if I started now!! And crawl to the trucks just to burn some time!!

not hand cutting anyway...of course he didn't say if he was at a dealership. If it was all the same car, I could believe him...especially if its at a subaru dealer. A lot of the Imrezas has frameless windows and were a cake walk to tint. I did a strip and retint on a friends (used a plotter, and sides came off with no glue) in just over an hour. Without a strip and retint, it would take about 30 minutes to tint with a plotter, for me anyway.

I can do 7 two fronts by 3 if I started now!! And crawl to the trucks just to burn some time!!

If it was at a dealership especially a Subaru dealership I could almost see it (doing the same car over and over) but if it's just a normal tint shop not knowing what's coming in then im calling :thumb

Guest Total tint
I cant believe that anyone would use a roll around stool. I tried it a few times, but it just gets in the way. Now I have super strong thighs!!

BTW, there is a thread about a tint chair that I THOUGHT was a joke...appearently not. Seems lazy to me.

I do go through shoes a lot!!

I wouldnt consider doing one without a chair

I cant believe that anyone would use a roll around stool. I tried it a few times, but it just gets in the way. Now I have super strong thighs!!

BTW, there is a thread about a tint chair that I THOUGHT was a joke...appearently not. Seems lazy to me.

I do go through shoes a lot!!

I wouldnt consider doing one without a chair

you would have no time to sit if you were Billybob! :hmmm

If it was at a dealership especially a Subaru dealership I could almost see it (doing the same car over and over) but if it's just a normal tint shop not knowing what's coming in then im calling :thumb

Agreed!!

I would guess Blillybob has a tint monkey that cleans the windows for him.....if all you had to do was shrink, cut, and install then of course one could knock out a car that fast....

But I would not even want to knock them out that fast.....not worth the stress! Charge more and do less. If you have that many coming in then I would guess you are not charging enough!

Archived