Back Window dry shrink

Guest justincredible

Guest justincredible

Well I was too busy to hook up with the Xpel guy. Tintjunkie what auto wax do you use? You slip only guys, will Film on work? what do you wipe the window with?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an 8 oz sprayer that I mix about 1 1/2 caps of Film-on in. This is my back window spray for floating the film and it is also for those pesky, won't slip, should have just replaced the darn glass, windows where you need a bit of extra slip.

I mist it on and wipe it with a paper towel. Then I wet that towel to use as my anchor wipe.....

Guest tintgod
no clue what the "blue liquid" might be other than some wax.....

Like Snappy said, use your slip and wipe it lightly. I use a bit heavier mix of slip to wipe with, but I my installation mix has very slip in it....

Oh and no way I am waiting 10 minutes for something to "dry" That back glass is going to be shrunk and installed before the 10 minute mark...

I guess you are doing the 5 minute door installs too.. :hmmm:thumb

well.....lets see, are you talking about pre cleaning, cutting, final clean, peel, and install?? It is actually pretty close to 5 minutes on that....let me check my video time.....

Not trying to say in any way that I am FAST. It takes me an average of 2 hours to do a 4 door car all windows except windshield...

OK...so on the video on Myspace I have a few "fights" and messing with the camera, I take almost 13 minutes to do it all with a double cut.

Now....that isn't a 5 minute door tint job, but it all is relevant to what you are talking about. I shot the video to show a friend how I do a door glass on a lot of cars.

And if you are thinking that it can't be quality then talk to James (shwusyrtnts) or Cari (guardiangraphics) on here.... :P

Guest Texstar
Well I was too busy to hook up with the Xpel guy. Tintjunkie what auto wax do you use? You slip only guys, will Film on work? what do you wipe the window with?

We use the spray on mist type wax here :yoda

Guest justincredible

lilDetails you the man. I tried the Film-on little bottle trick and it's the cats ass. Works way better then baby powder. I tried your Ryk way of shrinking. The first car was a 09 Honda crv. Did everything you said and as soon as I but the bottom heat gun on it melted the qdp film. Junked it and did it the old way. The second was a Honda fit. The outside of the double H broke open and the tint just started flappin. Went back to the old way. I then tried it on a civic and it worked perfect. I over undered the top also. Do you do it this way for all vehicles? Hatchbacks? Vans? Trucks.......

I do it with any finger that is over 1/2 inch wide....and even on the smaller ones I will blow heat under it with the one gun before hitting the top...

Glad it is working....just have to learn the RIGHT distance for the bottom gun

Archived