Back Window dry shrink

Guest justincredible

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justincredible

Hey lilDetails,

I have been having some luck with your shrink and will not rest till I perfect it. :thumb Two questions for you. One I had a Toyota Corolla today and the glass was lower then the trunk line. Can you shrink work on these? If so how do you get the air under the tint? Second question is did you get a lot of tension on the bottom and well top of the tint when you first started this shrink? I am having a hard time getting the tint to lay down during install.

Hey lilDetails,

I have been having some luck with your shrink and will not rest till I perfect it. :thumb Two questions for you. One I had a Toyota Corolla today and the glass was lower then the trunk line. Can you shrink work on these? If so how do you get the air under the tint? Second question is did you get a lot of tension on the bottom and well top of the tint when you first started this shrink? I am having a hard time getting the tint to lay down during install.

I have lifted the trunk lid up to be able to get an angle under the film. If you are having that much tension on the film try moving a bit faster. Sounds like you are moving slow and over shrinking the film.

Guest tintmanlibby
no clue what the "blue liquid" might be other than some wax.....

Like Snappy said, use your slip and wipe it lightly. I use a bit heavier mix of slip to wipe with, but I my installation mix has very slip in it....

Oh and no way I am waiting 10 minutes for something to "dry" That back glass is going to be shrunk and installed before the 10 minute mark...

I guess you are doing the 5 minute door installs too.. :thumb:thumb

:nope

Archived