2000 astro cargo van

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fredstinting

why dont you connect a code reader to the computer before unpluging wires and see if you get any codes .for abs and brake lights you need a advanced computer most chevy dealer have it reads all the computers in the astro van to make sure every thing is on the up and up .

if it doesn't show any thing with the factory sys you alarm installer did a bad job installing the alarm

or a aftermarket alarm by-pass module that makes the remote start work could be falty . some of the by pass modules are universal and you connect to the computer to install the right firm ware for you model car or truck

replaced the worn ignition swiitch which was the culprate behind the security/dash light fiasco.......

Hay! I already DID that! :lol

Fiasco! :lol2

You think He will try all these things? :hmmm

:lol :lol

:beer u all are too funny. I will first try unhooking one wire at a time. Should I start with the PL data bypass module ?

You are the one to offer up the good advice... So I hope so! :lol

:lol

why dont you connect a code reader to the computer before unpluging wires and see if you get any codes .for abs and brake lights you need a advanced computer most chevy dealer have it reads all the computers in the astro van to make sure every thing is on the up and up .

if it doesn't show any thing with the factory sys you alarm installer did a bad job installing the alarm

or a aftermarket alarm by-pass module that makes the remote start work could be falty . some of the by pass modules are universal and you connect to the computer to install the right firm ware for you model car or truck

fred I did have a shop try to pull codes and they got no communication they said :lol2 maybe it is the bypass module I'll try unhooking that pos.

Archived