shrinking film

what kind of film u dudes use. and your hottest / degree's needed to shrink back glass quikly, with out distorting / discoloring your film.

I have used many difrent films the past 20 years. madico :lol2 , global :hmmm , sun teck :thumb , solar gard :hmmm . and been using llumar for many years now. all are easy and fast shrinking.

5 min's shrinking, and toss it in. :lol2

used hp films, shrinks way to fast, not needing but 900' :lol

atr's no probs, 1050' and looking great. :lol loss of AM channels. :lol2

platum plus, to hot shows a little ghosting if not carful. cooking at 950' no probs.

atr's having no problems at all shrinking, running am interfearence and. the older customers love there AM stations.

and now using llumastar. and no messing with tire pressure sensors and great for AM stations.

I have noticed its harder to shrink. dose not shrink well cooking with 950' I like to shrink at 1050' full temp. and can not. noticed tiger stripping/ disscolored where I was shriinking heavy

can't shrink fast had to turn heat down to 900'

done a 08 corvette and spent 40 min's on back glass, what a beach and a half. great job, shaved doors, and no tiger stripping/ discoloratoins in the film.

any of u dudes using llumastare???????

having any difficulty?????????????

wagner heat guns ALWAYS on HIGH. One under one on top for back glasses. Just control the distance to keep the film moving the way I want it to!

They are supposed to be 1000 degrees I think....and I close off the air inlets to make sure they are glowing very red before I ever put them to the film....

Guest djtekk707
wagner heat guns ALWAYS on HIGH. One under one on top for back glasses. Just control the distance to keep the film moving the way I want it to!

They are supposed to be 1000 degrees I think....and I close off the air inlets to make sure they are glowing very red before I ever put them to the film....

Wait do U close off the exit holes for the gun 2 cool down?....can your gun really get hotter like that or will it just damage the gun?

sorry....I don't KEEP them closed off. I just put my fingers over them to restrict the air and get them up to full temp faster.

If your guns are not at a common temp then you will fight what you are doing more. Try and find when the guns get to max temp whatever setting you use. It takes a little bit for them to get up to full temp every time they are turned on. This time of year I have a gun running most of the time I am tinting. Stand it on end and let it run on low. A little extra heat and less time to get it up to full blown max.

Wait do U close off the exit holes for the gun 2 cool down?....can your gun really get hotter like that or will it just damage the gun?

Hey just saw your craigslist ad. Little piece o' advice here. NEVER advertise tinting front windows in a state where they are !llegal. Anyone can COP a look!

Archived