Anchoring the back widow.

Guest justincredible

whatever works for you is good. Anchoring the sides will keep the film from trying to shrink out to the sides where you really can't shrink it.

I personally do what I call a double H. I wet down the middle from top to bottom then wipe out. Wipe the side from top to bottom and then do the other side also. Gives 4 "pockets" to shrink.....if you haven't yet then check out "the Ryk Shrink" on the main page.....

I prefer the "H" but I have also seen it done with just the middle seems harder than the H method not sure tho
Just goes to show what lil' was saying, whatever works for you. I could never go with the H pattern, I need that freedom of movement and just one pass down the middle was all I need. Keep on and don't worry about how everyone else is doing it, just concern yourself with what works best for you, putting out quality. :thumb

Guest justincredible

Hey Lil I watched the vid like 5 times. It is pure magic. I was just wondering saying I am a one gun man, would I be able to leave the tint long on the bottom also and pull like the top? I cant beleave the ancors don't move...

film can be pulled on the bottom too, but you have to have room to pull....the only car I have found that you have room would be a VW bug....

on my shrinking, if you get it you will never go back....I do the top with the over under on several cars as well....just depends on the car....

the biggest thing is you will be amazed at how SMOOTH the film is when you lift it.....no "squiggles" to speak of.

I run it on HIGH on both guns....you should not be in any spot more than 30 to 40 seconds....if you are worried about the paint the put something over it or wet it. I promise you though that the paint is not even hot when I am done. James (shwusyrtnts) was the one that filmed it and he can testify to that fact.....

The car will not be as hot as it would on a sunny day sitting outside.

Archived