Streaking problem

I'm relatively new to the biz but I've done quite a few successful installs. I have a problem with a recent job using Huper Sech film on a patio door. The door measures about 42 x 60". The first time around the install went pretty well or so I thought. After about 3 weeks, the customer complained that there were visible milky streaks showing in the film. I went to inspect about a week later and sure enough she was correct. The install was done in the sun and I figured some drying went on before I got all the slip squeegeed out. I removed the film and tried again and apparently the result is the same. I haven't been out to inspect yet, but the customer is pretty easy-going and I'm sure she's not lying.

The reinstall was done on a rainy day so heat was not an issue. I've installed a bunch of Huper Ceramic film and other frosted as well with zero problems. This is my first experience with Sech. WTF is going on?

Guest filmslayer
was the same roll used on other windows in the house with no problems ?

No, it's my first and only roll of Sech.

I would contact huper with your roll # and see if they have had problems with it or at least what they think :yoda

Guest tintgod
I'm relatively new to the biz but I've done quite a few successful installs. I have a problem with a recent job using Huper Sech film on a patio door. The door measures about 42 x 60". The first time around the install went pretty well or so I thought. After about 3 weeks, the customer complained that there were visible milky streaks showing in the film. I went to inspect about a week later and sure enough she was correct. The install was done in the sun and I figured some drying went on before I got all the slip squeegeed out. I removed the film and tried again and apparently the result is the same. I haven't been out to inspect yet, but the customer is pretty easy-going and I'm sure she's not lying.

The reinstall was done on a rainy day so heat was not an issue. I've installed a bunch of Huper Ceramic film and other frosted as well with zero problems. This is my first experience with Sech. WTF is going on?

:yoda huper...something is wrong there.

I tinted a house 3 yr's ago and the house was 2 months old when I tinted it.

customer had me check it out today. cleaned the glass inside and out.

the house had dubble pane's, a set of 3 45" x 91" sliders. with a 12' deep lanai.

he sad he was seeing bubbles. the sun was shinning on the lower 3' of the glass and was nasty from a distance.

I was looking into the glass, putting my finger on the glass,

as I moved my head seeing the bubbles/sweat droppings moved meaningin the thermal/ out side pain.

and all 3 sliders had streeks in them.

tinted them in the summer time and never seen the glass that nasty, he had prob a week after I tinted it and he had me check it out at 6:45 in the morning telling me that I didn't clean the glass before tinting. again seeing fabrication debrese between the thermal pain. just my dumb luck.

BUMP

Jack you have a update? Manufacture covering cost?

Archived