New respect for car tinters

Always been a FG guy... watched my friend tint cars plenty-o-times and I've always been impressed with the skill involved in tinting cars. Yesturday he calls me up to see if I would be willing to be his helper for the day, and since I had nothing going on I said sure why not. (next time I'll let the call go to vm first lol) Did a couple of R&R... couple full tints, answered the phone, etc. I've hung out with him at his shop before, but never for the whole day.... let alone helping.

We did a R&R on a vett... which was a boat load of fun. And I thought doing R&R on flat glass was fun!! I can't imagine working in the back of cars day in and day out.. too tight of a space. much easier to prerp the side windows... but even that...

And that's without even touching film. (Except for removal)

So props to everyone out there... :ditto if nothing else, you'll never have to worry about competition from me. :lol2

Didnt you make a post like this, but about FG, a few months ago?.... :beer:lol2

I prefer cars ( compcut) . Dont like all the traveling traffic running around all day for resid jobs . Dont get me wrong ever so often you get those gravy jobs but 70% of the jobs are BS.

Huh? BS? What do you mean? I sell 63% of the jobs I bid. If you are only selling 30%, then YOU are doing something wrong.

Rarely do I "run around" for resi jobs. I have advertisement for resi in a magazine. I like commercial jobs, and the way I do those is via internet. Why drive looking when you can look online? Sometimes I will drive out to a jobsite, but usually, you can't get anything accomplished in the first visit. It takes mulitple visits. I usually get the name and number of a project manager using the internet, and call him and talk to him about film. Most of the time I get told no. A good salesman won't quit until he is told no 8 times. So then, I will send the company a packet with information regarding window film and offer to do an energy analysis that will estimate about how much savings they could expenct and how many years it will take for the film to pay for itself. After that, I stay on their ass until no # 8.

I prefer cars ( compcut) . Dont like all the traveling traffic running around all day for resid jobs . Dont get me wrong ever so often you get those gravy jobs but 70% of the jobs are BS.

Huh? BS? What do you mean? I sell 63% of the jobs I bid. If you are only selling 30%, then YOU are doing something wrong.

Rarely do I "run around" for resi jobs. I have advertisement for resi in a magazine. I like commercial jobs, and the way I do those is via internet. Why drive looking when you can look online? Sometimes I will drive out to a jobsite, but usually, you can't get anything accomplished in the first visit. It takes mulitple visits. I usually get the name and number of a project manager using the internet, and call him and talk to him about film. Most of the time I get told no. A good salesman won't quit until he is told no 8 times. So then, I will send the company a packet with information regarding window film and offer to do an energy analysis that will estimate about how much savings they could expenct and how many years it will take for the film to pay for itself. After that, I stay on their ass until no # 8.

I consider all that time travelling and calling I consider labour . Having to go back to check over a job because the customer calls to say they is dirt under the tint to find out the dirt is on the outside of the window I consider labour .

I consider all that time travelling and calling I consider labour . Having to go back to check over a job because the customer calls to say they is dirt under the tint to find out the dirt is on the outside of the window I consider labour .

I understand having to go back for nothing...but you could charge a service charge. You could try to explain it to the custy about dirt. "Rub the spot you think is dirt. If you cant feel anything chances are its on the outside. Try rubbing from the outside."

How hard is that? Im not trying to bust your balls, I like fg because the profit margin is so much higher and the work is easier. Id have to do 6-10 cars in one day to make what I could in a half day of FG.

Archived