Commercial Government Building Tint Pricing

Guest autsnd

Should you have fg experience, I would ask my distributor to help with bidding. Hopefully, they can. Then, instead of getting all the necessary insurance, have you distributor "hire" you to do the job under their coverages. They will get the film order for the job and you will prob have to pay them 10-20% of whatever it sells for. You both win.

At least, thats how I would go about it.

Guest tintmanlibby
I am doing an estimate for a courthouse building with 7 rows of windows, 6 in each row, 22' in total height. I am including the rental of a lift. I was planning on charging $-.--/sq. ft. Is that reasonable for a job with these specs?

remeber most gov contract's have a certain film spec there required to use, as well as certain type's of film .most of them require 3m film :evilgrin price it at the lucky # $-.00 plus rental the'll bite and you'll make money to .

f.y.I they will contact you distributor and do a back ground check on ya :evileye

I am doing an estimate for a courthouse building with 7 rows of windows, 6 in each row, 22' in total height. I am including the rental of a lift. I was planning on charging $-.--/sq. ft. Is that reasonable for a job with these specs?

remeber most gov contract's have a certain film spec there required to use, as well as certain type's of film .most of them require 3m film :rollin price it at the lucky # $-.00 plus rental the'll bite and you'll make money to .

f.y.I they will contact you distributor and do a back ground check on ya :rollin

Most require 3M film?? Is this true??

remeber most gov contract's have a certain film spec there required to use, as well as certain type's of film .most of them require 3m film :rollin price it at the lucky # $-.00 plus rental the'll bite and you'll make money to .

f.y.I they will contact you distributor and do a back ground check on ya :rollin

Most require 3M film?? Is this true??

Only if the archetect has a contract with 3M

Should you have fg experience, I would ask my distributor to help with bidding. Hopefully, they can. Then, instead of getting all the necessary insurance, have you distributor "hire" you to do the job under their coverages. They will get the film order for the job and you will prob have to pay them 10-20% of whatever it sells for. You both win.

At least, thats how I would go about it.

You have to remember, once you get your distributor involved, they will probably notify the manufacturer and THEY will bid against you. You will lose the job and not be asked to help with it. Keep your mouth shut and bid what you think its worth. If you make money, great, if you break even, it is a good learning experience, but you may be in over your head if you do not have much FG experience

:eye

Fortunately, my dist doesn't do any sort of practices this way. I have faith in them helping me. What benefit would they get by getting the manu involved. The distributor would certainly make more money using me. Ive read threads on here about manu's and dist's doing these sort of things...mine doesn't. I know every person in the houston office all the way to the owners. I have been to dealer meetings and christmas parties at their houses. Not only that, they have programs available to help their dealers succeed. I feel they know keeping me and others as dealers is in their best interest.

Guest vclimber
Fortunately, my dist doesn't do any sort of practices this way. I have faith in them helping me. What benefit would they get by getting the manu involved. The distributor would certainly make more money using me. Ive read threads on here about manu's and dist's doing these sort of things...mine doesn't. I know every person in the houston office all the way to the owners. I have been to dealer meetings and christmas parties at their houses. Not only that, they have programs available to help their dealers succeed. I feel they know keeping me and others as dealers is in their best interest.

What dist is this?

Archived