More Purple auto film

Guest maddtinter

Guest maddtinter

Lately I have noticed more newer cars turning purple.Vandalized auto's have been coming in for 1 window to be tinted and I am seeing a lot more purple tint.IYO what manny's films are turning purple?

Guest accent
Lately I have noticed more newer cars turning purple.Vandalized auto's have been coming in for 1 window to be tinted and I am seeing a lot more purple tint.IYO what manny's films are turning purple?

glad to see it, now these cheapasses can see that they got what they paid for at them lowball shops, kinda like mcdonalds, IM LOVIN IT

glad to see it, now these cheapasses can see that they got what they paid for at them lowball shops, kinda like mcdonalds, IM LOVIN IT

Some quality shops offer 3yr warranties. If it doesn't have a lifetime warranty, I don't install it

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I'm seeing that too. My cousin had his new neon done in a big name shop around here about 5-6 years ago. It turned real glossy, which looks like crap on a black car, and it has wrinkles showing up on the sides going inwards. He paid good money to have it done too. I wasn't tinting back then but he paid a lot more than I would charge with 3M CS now. I love having dirt on the competition.

We see a lot of one windows from break ins too. A lot off them purple and we just have to try and explain that they have a crap film and we don't have anything that is purple out of the box. The funny part is to roll one of the purple windows down enough to see the top edge and show the customer what the color of the film used to be.

Guest vclimber
Some of these cars I am seeing are less than 2 years old.They are good installs.Trying to figure out what products are changing so fast.

A lot of imports with dye in the adhesive layer finding their way over to this country. Chip dye will fail sooner than later as well. :twocents

Cheap people will always be that. Cheap. Even though their windows will look like sh!t in a year, they will always go back. We have to face it, there will always be shops out there that use inferior products, and charge next to nothing to do it.

There is an audio shop here in Houston that has 2 locations and one at a flea market. They buy a lot of their products refurbished and sell them as new. The also do window tinting...and all of the vehicles at all locations are done outside. They use a film called Sol Control, but advertise SunTek. These guys charge pennies for the services they offer, but they have been in business forever. The point is, these people are still around because the same customers come get work done there because its cheap. A lot of high school kids get installs done there because they don't have a lot of money to spend. Everytime I drive by their stores, there is always people there lined up. I worked for these guys about 3 years ago for 1 week. They paid me generously, but I couldn't ruin my reputation by installing junk film, and witnessing hack installation of stereo/alarm equipment. If they only did tint, they would probably do better than me, and I carry quality film.

Archived