I need comformation I am in wrong business..lol

Guest TheStig

When I started back glass's I pulled some fingers to the side so the shrinking was easier. Then shrink on the grain, pull the side fingers back to the bottom and top, and shrink them

Just to be clear, you dont shrink on the side, you just move them to the side, and then bring them back to shape on top or bottom?

These cars are a cake walk. If the third brake light is molded to the rear deck, I would recommend cutting out the light. It hard to get tools behind that light...unless you want to pull the deck out.

:evilgrin:thumb I didn't realize I worded it so confusing. TheStig, ONLY shrink towards the grain. NEVER shrink on the sides!

When I started harder one piecing I would pull some fingers to the side (only to make the bottom/top fingers smaller), tape the corners down, shrink on the grain, and pull the side fingers back to the bottom/top to shrink them.

Thanks TintJunkie!

Guest TheStig

Now this is what I am talking about. Great tips guys. For some reason when I first did it I had huge fingers and couldn't figure it out. I think I just had the tint stressed from the get-g0.

Archived