Plotter software

Guest djtekk707

Guest djtekk707

Hey guys im about to buy my first plotter but I had a question....after I get the machine which software do I get to cut tint pattern and is there a monthly fee to use the system? Also how does the pattern cutting work for those that already have one.....do they ever come out short? :evilgrin

Thankz guyz

I use the First Cut system from www.enprodistributing.com

Ive seen only one other program from Digitint, and the things you have to do before you can cut the pattern is ridiculous. With the First Cut program, you can go in and change the sizes of patterns if you need to. All you do is select a pattern and click "cut" and it cuts it. Very user friendly and it comes with paint protection patterns as well should you choose. There are a lot of motorcycle patterns as well as specialty vehicles, such as a AC Cobra, or Shelby vehicles. They have patterns all the way from a Ford to a Lambo. There is a monthy service fee. Mine is over $100 a month, but I have ALL patterns for tint and ppf.

$150 seems a little high, but I know that is in the range. My plotter is set up at a dealership and I do quite a bit (used to anyway) of volume. The more volume you do, the less per month. I would call and ask for a cheaper price. I do know the max is $200 per month. By the way, you aren't charged for the updates. You are charged for the program (service fee). It also depends on if you bought the system (plotter, computer, software) up front.

The plotter I use was setup at the dealer before I started. The in house tinter left, and I came in but not as an employee. I chose not to buy the plotter but agreed to pay the monthly fee. I'm not sure what the actual charge is, but I pay the dealership $125 a month. They may be at $150, I dont know. I need to look into it b/c the dealer recently stopped putting ppf on all cars b/c they can't afford it/me. I may have to start paying more.

Hey guys im about to buy my first plotter but I had a question....after I get the machine which software do I get to cut tint pattern and is there a monthly fee to use the system? Also how does the pattern cutting work for those that already have one.....do they ever come out short? :thumb

Thankz guyz

try theses guys-they can hook you up! :thumbhttp://www.filmvinyldesigns.com/

here... http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49195

Guest thatsnappyguy

I use tint tek...I have some complaints about the patterns being off sometimes...but from what I have gathered, thats basically how it is with all of the complanys.

All programs are different,but to get accurate patterns these companies must work with experienced installers in the field and correct them accordingly.Filmdesigns has done this and their patterns are nice. :thumb I use the company snappy mentioned-5-6 years ago-my complaint was that when a pattern was off-they would tell me that it had to be reported 3 times before they considered it a problem. :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

yea not to mention that I never ever get a reply about the problems that I point out. here we are in 2009 and I dont even have the patterns for a 09 maxima...which I tint alot of....pretty gay.

The reason I like my program is b/c its my distributors program. They have a guy there that goes to the dealerships in houston when a new model comes out to do the tint and ppf pattern. I typically get the new model pattern about 3-5 days after a new model has reached the dealer. Not only that, should I get a new model that they haven't, I can do it and then go to the distributor and give them the liners, so they can put it in the system. Ive had the 09 Maxima pattern (tint/ppf) since September.

The only pattern I have had trouble with is the front doors on a Dodge Nitro. They were way too wide. I went in to the program and took a little more than a 1/4" off and it fit perfect. Then you can save the new pattern size in the "user files" section. Every car that I have done is in that section, just so I know that the pattern fit right.

I would strongly suggest you check this FirstCut program out. I can't say Ive used any other programs, but Ive heard some here talk about patterns not being right on other programs. Its nice when you can change the size of a pattern instead of calling someone to tell them its not right and have to wait for an update for the revised pattern.

Guest djtekk707

Hmmm...from what I have read there really no point in getting the program unless U have a good volume of cars each day :eye Thats not me yet but hopefully soon.

Thankz for the help guyz :dunno

Archived