refusing to do cars

Guest Total tint

Guest tint phantom
There is only 1 I can remember turning down.

It was some kind of Barracuda, 60`s something model or something.

Back glass STRAIGHT FROM HELL.

I just straight up told the guy that there was no way I felt I could do the glass and make it look good. So I would rather not do it at all.

one of these>>>>>member_64Bara.jpg

Ill tint it. I have a 1989 944 porche to do in the morning.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just pushed one out the door 94 Caddy GangsterMobile With the SIX PACK in the back deck. Who ever cut out all the metal to mount the 6x9's used a plasma cutter and pitted the HELL out of the back glass I've never seen a back window that bad Tint would't even stick to the bottom of the glass. Wish I had noticed it be for I started. But it was raining. He can take it down to my competition I know he'll do it. But I don't want my name on it. :angel

I forgot about cars with pitted glass! Old nova's with roll bars installed in them or any car with roll bars in them I send packing! First off I'm to damn old and fat to crawl around a roll bar and I won't tint over pitted glass because it looks like :thumb ! Not worth the hassel!!! :thumb

Guest maddtinter

I just straight up told the guy that there was no way I felt I could do the glass and make it look good. So I would rather not do it at all.

Watchout for this one.Especially out of the car.That back glass weighs about 80 lbs.I did one not to long ago and also told forum reader tintaudio how I went about getting tinted while the glass was in the car.When you get it done Tintjunkie please post. :thumb

Guest maddtinter

Ill tint it. I have a 1989 944 porche to do in the morning.

The 944 window is like doing a flat truck back glass compared to the Cuda.

Guest rondy_

I refuse to tint any car if it already has this purple tint that is impossible to remove in one piece!!!!! how I hate to remove that one, it was a sentra, daam! if I just had known that it had the cheapest tint ever.....

I think it would be hard for me to tint the barracuda, but I would tell the customer that I could do it in two pieces. What were they thinking when they made that back glass??? maybe they wanted a green house or something.

I will tint anything for the right price with the exception of any car, truck or 4x4 that has excessive mud on it. If the car is filthy inside or out I tell the cusomer I wil do it but it must be resonably clean first.

This reminds me of a car I refused to tint one time when I was working for the guy that got me started in tinting. I so afraid of what he would say when I told him because he wasn't there at the time. The car was some kind of land yacht like a Burick 225 (duece & a quata). The lady that brought the car was waiting on it with her 5 or 6 kids, ranging from a few months old to 5 or 6 years old most of them still in diapers. When I opened the doors imediatly you could smell an overwhelming stinch and upon closer inspection the smell was partly due to the floorboard being full of dirty diapers. Never seen anything like it again.

The guy I worked was cool about it when I told him and said he understood completly and he would have done the same thing.

Watchout for this one.Especially out of the car.That back glass weighs about 80 lbs.I did one not to long ago and also told forum reader tintaudio how I went about getting tinted while the glass was in the car.When you get it done Tintjunkie please post. :thumb

I will, but like I said, it will be much later in the year. He already has the back glass out, but like you say, its heavy and he wants to do it a few days before installing it. I looked at it and it doesnt look to bad. Maybe I'll do a video of my doing it...of course it may be like an hour long!!

I will, but like I said, it will be much later in the year. He already has the back glass out, but like you say, its heavy and he wants to do it a few days before installing it. I looked at it and it doesnt look to bad. Maybe I'll do a video of my doing it...of course it may be like an hour long!!

I bet that back glass is over 72inches long! I would hate to make a mistake on that! You would have to charge xtra just for the risk factor let alone the degree of difficulty! I love a good challenge but after thinking about it, I really don't think I would even wanna deal with what you would have to go through to do that car! You could do 2 cars by the time it took you to do that one and with less aggrivation!!

Archived