got spanked today

yes thats the one. well I will give it another whirl when she brings it back in monday for me to retry. I will take pics as I go so I can post them. I have never really dry shrunk before. the guys shop I work out of is a stereo installer but he watched his old tinter dry shrink and he kind of has an idea on how its done but he has other things he had to get done.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline
yes thats the one. well I will give it another whirl when she brings it back in monday for me to retry. I will take pics as I go so I can post them. I have never really dry shrunk before. the guys shop I work out of is a stereo installer but he watched his old tinter dry shrink and he kind of has an idea on how its done but he has other things he had to get done.

Soap shrink, take your time and it will be fine :evilgrin

Guest tintmanlibby
This shape civic? These can be tricky

DSC00044.jpg

You can take that top spoiler off the hatch window! 4 10mm nuts. Then it's alot easier to shrink the back glass. Installing that back glass is almost like an old Intregra back glass, kindda hard to squeegee behind the trim even if you take off the cover pieces! So Shadowline is right......kindda tricky!!!!

bingo ,wat up bro?

Guest shadowline
are there any decent vids on how this is done? thanks all for your help.

Search on the forum for soap shrink, have a check on you tube various vids there, but not sure if they show the soap method, sorry havent got a link to one!

Guest tint phantom

The room temp. needs to be above 65 F.degrees. If you just drive it in the shop from out side,in 15 F.Degrees it takes about 1 1/2 hrs. till the glass is warm enough to install tint. Thats a 1 hr.installation when in the right room temp. Just my :rollin . if you have time to do it twice, you have time to do it right the first time.

Guest Total tint
The room temp. needs to be above 65 F.degrees. If you just drive it in the shop from out side,in 15 F.Degrees it takes about 1 1/2 hrs. till the glass is warm enough to install tint. Thats a 1 hr.installation when in the right room temp. Just my :eye . if you have time to do it twice, you have time to do it right the first time.

people tint in cold weather all the time and with the windows cold

so when you do dry shrink or soap shrink you put an H pattern on the window before you put down your film and then again when you lay the film down? this locks it down and does this also help get rid of some of the side fingers? once again thanks guys.

Archived