I have some question, and I am New.

Guest Jespana

Guest FAST TINT MAN

I will not try to change anyone I started tinting just like you ,so to each their own. I still hand cut older cars or the few that sometimes are not yet available :lol

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolutetinting
I wanted to know how many cars can you get out a 100' roll? I am will be taking some classes for auto tinting and I will have some cars to just work on but just wanted to get some info.

Thanks

ask your distributor for a deal like buy 3 get 2 free. :lol

or go asked another distributor and the next and the next until you find someone. one of the distributors is going to need money it's almost the end of the month and they need sales.

Guest scottydosnntkno
WITH COMPUTER CUT YOU CAN DO ABOUT 10 CARS.. BUT HAND CUT ABOUT 6 CARS. (4DR SEDANS) STILL, IF YOU REALLY SUCK.. YOU PROBABLY WONT EVEN GET ONE DONE. :dunno

I hand cut all my cars and your saying that I waste 40 feet of a 40in roll because I don't use a plotter! :dunno Come on Fast Tint Man, I personally know I can get 10 cars out of 40in roll by hand cutting!

WELL I DONT ONLY USE ONE SHADE ITS KIND OF HARD TO GIVE A GOOD ANSWER. IM JUST TRYING TO HELP THE MAN! :dunno BUT HERE, ILL SET A DATE FOR EVERYONE TO CHOOSE ONE SHADE. YESTERDAY WE WERE REALLY BUSY, AND I COULDNT GET THEM TO CHOOSE ONE SHADE. THEY ALL KEPT LOOKING AT ME LIKE IM CRAZY. :lol2 UNTIL THEN ILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT. WERE BUSY ON WEDS. ILL TRY AGAIN. WHO WANTS ONE SHADE??? SEND THEM TO ME. I GOT MY PLOTTER READY. :lol2

Thats the problem with a plotter, if they don't want all one shade, you have to feed new rolls into the plotter each time and change the pattern layout to fit the film and everything. While your messing around with all that, I have the whole car cut and trimmed in 10 minutes or less, ready to install. Hand cutting doesn't waste film as long as you have a good eye for lengths and widths. Eyeball the film 3" bigger, and then cut the film. Usually you can get the two fronts out of 3', including the quarters from the chopped off corner, 2' for each back window, and 4-5' for the back glass. Thats 9'-10' each car, so 10-11 cars each 100' roll if you use just 40". I carry 40" and 20", so I guess I get more cars out of each roll realistically.

OK the first reply was jus a joke :bs now I WILL TELL YOU Computer Cut has helped us so much we are faster more efficient we do 4 door cars in about 35 minutes and no they do not come back because we did it so fast. we can not help it but to be fast ,using the system is a learning curve you have to get use to it. it takes 5 seconds to change films, we have it loaded onto a 6 roll holder. I know many tinters refuse to admit it, I thought the same. I had to change my mind(evolve) so far we have cut 23, 477 times and counting. (which customers prefer computer cut rather than by hand.) its the NEW and IMPROVED way to do window tinting. so I know a little bit about it. we can cut a complete pattern in about 1 min. so I think im just a little bit faster. :lol2 and im not just talking about 1 same shade but even 2-3 different shades for the same car. This way there is no "eye balling" or "guessing". all I need to know is what kind of car im working on, and when im getting my money :D thus the name, FAST TINT MAN. :lol2

Well in all honesty I'm glad it's working out for you! :lol2 I'm just an old dinasaur that has perfected my system of cutting and it's not easy to want to change something that really works well! But I can't argue the fact that a machine can cut the film faster even though I know I can cut my edges better! We have a plotter but I guess I just feel it takes part of the craftsmanship out of it and I just prefer to do it the way I always have!

Obviously based on your pictures its working out for you just fine. I personally could never use a plotter because 1. I'm mobile, so I don't have room for one and you know how every now and then you mess up a window and have to redo it. and 2. because of the cost factor involved. I don't do nearly enough business to justify one

Archived