Madico vs. Global Any preferences

Guest shadedimage

Guest Sprinter

when it comes to choises madi doesn't have that many and some you can't even buy even if they have it, to many big companys run the distributors, look around and find something you like.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had great success with Wincos but I have also had great success with Huper too and I currently offer both. I don't use Madico exclusively but I am definitely a fan of Charcoal and especially Onyx. I have tried Global and to me it doesn't shrink as well or lay down as well and I don't like the way it looks. Especially compared to Onyx (which is no longer reflective and the shades match up now). Charcoal is a little green but we have had no warranty issues with it at all. Their distributors definitely suck though. I am not saying all of their distributors suck but the ones I have come in contact with do. I actually have a sample of black pearl and doesn't look like anything special to me. As far as I was told it was the film that was supposed to replace their True Gray line. It was supposed to come out the beginning of fall 08. I kept asking for more samples to try and they kept telling me that the release date has been pushed.

Guest shadedimage
I have had great success with Wincos but I have also had great success with Huper too and I currently offer both. I don't use Madico exclusively but I am definitely a fan of Charcoal and especially Onyx. I have tried Global and to me it doesn't shrink as well or lay down as well and I don't like the way it looks. Especially compared to Onyx (which is no longer reflective and the shades match up now). Charcoal is a little green but we have had no warranty issues with it at all. Their distributors definitely suck though. I am not saying all of their distributors suck but the ones I have come in contact with do. I actually have a sample of black pearl and doesn't look like anything special to me. As far as I was told it was the film that was supposed to replace their True Gray line. It was supposed to come out the beginning of fall 08. I kept asking for more samples to try and they kept telling me that the release date has been pushed.

Absolutely, I started out using Sun-gard Feb. 04... performX slate which I was at the time content, didnt even care about what other flims were out there! Because Im the type that says if its not broke dont fix it!! Continued to use this for about a year, When I was approached by a saleman that came by the shop which was ran out of the garage at my home then..... I still had a full time job, tinting was a hobby not a living.. So that wasn't at that time what determined whether my lights stayed on... if you know what I mean, anyway he id himself as a tech sales rep. but had no exp. in auto, only in flat glass. Which was okay, because I dont discriminate opon anyone... it is what it is... he was sellman for Madico.. at first I just blew him off, cause I had never heard of them and quite frankly didnt care... just figured they were some fly by nite company.. I told him I would think about it thx for ur time, he left his card and that was that!! a week or so went by, I was on the computer one day, so I looked em up and they were big business!!! But there main focus is trully flat glass and security flims.. so I called him back to follow up w/ him, Which any salesman should have been beatin my door down... If they cared about a sale.. then I started using madico, and have ever since til recently!! I guess what I am trying to say is in the beginning I had to go out of my way, I mean I didnt even speak to the sales rep. for about 6 mo after I started buyin flim from them.. I had to directly place an order which was fine.. No follow ups still to this day.. I mean come on people. If they are like that with everyone, they will be right beside GM begging for bailout money! You dont have to give your first unborn child!!! But at least give me a call and tell me your glad I install your flim everyday!!I dont operate a large outfit, but I am smart enough to know that without my customer I will be poor!!! And the customer I always right even when we know they rolled that window down the first day to smoke!!! But we know we need them so we go out of our way for them!! Anyway Madico is great flim!! No one thinks it sucks!! I have had some of the best results wth it, minus some color issues... They just need someone to sell it for them!! When I got my roll of Global B. wines rang the phone off the hook everyday til I followed up w/ him!!!! Sorry peeps thats what we call service!!!!

Guest shadedimage
I have been installing Madico for 3 yrs now, and never had a problem yet execpt color match... Researched Global & got a sample roll, starting to like this flim. Color is one of the best I have found! Lays down good, Just overall easy to work with :rollin Madico keeps promising me that "Black pearl" will change everthing, yet 2 c any yet!! Has anyone seen this product yet??

I can’t buy from Maddy, I have to buy from Bray…. The question being which one I like comparing film its Global.

For service Howard P. is hard to beat. As much film as he sells he still stays in touch with the way his business is run and with his customers. IMO

Yeah, I think that once more and more people start to use global they will see the difference!! Although I am glad that I came up the hard way learning how to shrink sun-gard, madico and all the other brands.... other wise I probaly wouldnt appreciate this product as much!!! I know Im not the greatest at using a heat gun but even the best are still learning... that why I love it so much... Its never boring... its th challenges that keep us coming back for more!! By using global on an XXXtreme curve back glass I didnt even have the first finger pop up during the install!! Cant speak for all but thats saying something!! I havent had a chance to work w/ Howard yet but the rep. for my area educated in the flim industry!

Youre right, Im not getting the point...help me understand what you mean. I dont know why Madico scrapped the black pearl film, and didnt even know about it til this thread. I have been using the same dist since 2001. I know I can't possibly know everything that goes on behind the scene, but I do know the owners on a personal basis. I have no reason to believe they would do anything to stab me in the back, nor would I ever believe it if someone told me they are without proof.

I have trust issues b/c of the way I started out tinting. I was a thief, and all round POS. I have since changed, and now I have a hard time trusting anyone b/c of my own errors. I trust my distributor. I trust I am in their best interest, as well as their many other dealers.

So, what dont I get TINT?

I think you will find out on your own man. if your clever enough that is.

Guest Total tint
Youre right, Im not getting the point...help me understand what you mean. I dont know why Madico scrapped the black pearl film, and didnt even know about it til this thread. I have been using the same dist since 2001. I know I can't possibly know everything that goes on behind the scene, but I do know the owners on a personal basis. I have no reason to believe they would do anything to stab me in the back, nor would I ever believe it if someone told me they are without proof.

I have trust issues b/c of the way I started out tinting. I was a thief, and all round POS. I have since changed, and now I have a hard time trusting anyone b/c of my own errors. I trust my distributor. I trust I am in their best interest, as well as their many other dealers.

I think you will find out on your man. if your clever enough that is.

:trustme

I think you will find out on your own man. if your clever enough that is.

Im not even clever enough to know what you mean.

Used Maddy exclusively for 5 years, then switched to SG when I bought the plotter. Maddy Charcool was a great film, very optically clear. But I have redone 3 cars in the last 2 years for adhesive failure - milky glue wavy look to it. Other than that it was good, and Maddy paid me with a check to redo the cars mentioned :rollin Global has nice look and feel to it. Shrinks well too. Cleanly installs as well. I was not impressed initially with a film from India, but hey, they actually make a good product! US manus like to screw with their dealers. Haven't experienced that with Global - yet. I currently buy what I am almost certain is a knock off of Global - ValueTint's Sirus film (I have no proof that is who makes it, I just have this gut feeling :rollin ). Like it so far :ford

Hmm, never had an adhesive failure with CH. I have it on my truck and its been on just shy of two years. I have noticed however in the top corner of the front two windows, it does look a little wavy (almost like oval blobs). Should it get any worse, I will certainly switch to a different Maddy line or go with ST Carbon.

As far as the manny, I have yet to get screwed. But I do have 2 buildings in the works using my distributor. One is an 8 story, the other is 2 story. I am using my distributor b/c the project manager for both brushes me off. Is this a mistake? I dont think so. If it is, I will find out about it soon enough, and make changes b/c of it. I don't feel either will screw me. Maybe I'm alone in this.

Archived