Cheap Plotter?

Guest Cdlanpher

Guest GDK Electronics
whats this world coming to . Do people think they can buy a new plotter for under $500 and expect it to last . If all other decent plotters go for 3-$4000 and this one goes for $399 what are your expectaions. Its like the mobile tinter doing your car for $89 and promises you it will nver turn purple or bubble .

I'm not looking for a plotter to last the rest of my life, or one that would be used 8 hrs a day 5 days a week. Just something to cut graphics with that would be easier and quicker than by hand.

At the same time it's like trimming tint with a good Olfa compared to using a steak knife. Accuracy and clean cuts could be an issue. Have you looked into replacement blades and strips on that cheap plotter too? Make sure you're looking at the big picture, not just the initial cost.

My 2 cents.

If your gonna try and save money on a plotter , get a good used name brand plotter like Roland! They last and there easy to get replacement parts. I have a 24in Roland I've had for 12 years and a 40in I've had for 6 years! Right now with the economy the way it is you can pick a decent one up for a good price!

I also found some on ebay that are UScutter. Any prob with those?

I sold my vinyl shop and my Roland a year ago-so I bought a PCUT by USCUTTER-just to do my own decals-I havent been able to cut the first piece of vinyl. :nope Total piece of :trustme

If your gonna try and save money on a plotter , get a good used name brand plotter like Roland! They last and there easy to get replacement parts. I have a 24in Roland I've had for 12 years and a 40in I've had for 6 years! Right now with the economy the way it is you can pick a decent one up for a good price!

Best advice yet! :rollin or call some of the software companies-Filmdesigns usually has used reconditioned plotters at a discount price. :rollin

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I bought one from signwarehouse.com for about 1700 with shipping, software and everything. Had it for about 4 years or so now and still works great. Cuts tint too no problem. It's the Lynx 24" I think they don't have that model anymore but replaced it with an even better one for about the same price. Call them and tell them what your trying to do and they'll steer you in the right direction. I almost bought a cheaper one and they told me it wouldn't work for what I was trying to do, so make sure before you waste you money

I got a NEW 50" Uscutter off Ebay as a backup for my 40" roland 2 years ago

Hardly ever use the roland, the uscutter has only needed a limit switch replaced, a trip to radio shack, matched one up for 3$.

I did have to change the resolution in Computer Cut for the UsCutter.

Just make a 20" rectangle and cut or plot out, measure it and adjust + or - accordingly.

Its cheaply made but for 400$ including shipping , ITS A THROW-AWAY ...

I got a NEW 50" Uscutter off Ebay as a backup for my 40" roland 2 years ago

Hardly ever use the roland, the uscutter has only needed a limit switch replaced, a trip to radio shack, matched one up for 3$.

I did have to change the resolution in Computer Cut for the UsCutter.

Just make a 20" rectangle and cut or plot out, measure it and adjust + or - accordingly.

Its cheaply made but for 400$ including shipping , ITS A THROW-AWAY ...

you're right TS-I think I'll throw mine away! :thumb

Archived