Vinyl Basics

Guest djtekk707

Guest djtekk707

Hey guys I just ordered a plotter and my vinyl supplies that will arrive in about a week....I kno a lil bit about vinyl but I was wondering if I could get some help on the main tools I will need.

So far I got

1-hobby knife N extra blades

1-rapid tack bottle

and I couple hard cards 1 gold and 1 orange

Wat else do U think I need?

Guest filmslayer

depending on the job ,I mostly use the same tools I tint with(hard card and knife)when you get more exp. and try say a box truck you'll need tourch and brushes for rivets and theirs all kinds of weeding tools ,tweezers ,picks and scissors ect....

Guest SPEEDFREAK

GOOD CUTTING MAT, HOLDER FOR THE APPLICATION TAPE , LIGHT TABLE ( ANY 2 COLOR PLUS WORK ALSO HELPS IN WEEDING ) good straight edges for cutting square,

as for weeding I just us a x-acto with a #11 blade and a really good pair of tweezers,

what software are you getting with the plotter ????

any questions just ask

Jeff

Guest djtekk707

hey

Im getting flexi 8.5....do U know about any problems with the software?

Thank for the replies guys...now I just need a good cutting board n tweezers :eye

I cant wait till next week I have so many different orders arriving :dunno

You can go into the dental section of a store and get the pack of 2 picks, which also come with the little round mirror. I throw the mirror away...lol. I use the two picks for weeding. The bigger one for regular to large weeding, but the small ended one for the fine weeding. I've used the #11 blades before and my husband always does, but for me the picks do better and faster. It also prevents me from slipping and cutting a letter by accident while weeding.

:dunno

Archived