Help with seat leon.

Guest nikstar

Guest nikstar

Hi everyone, I need some help with latest seat leon, is it possible to tint the small window than is just behind the rear doors, the small one. Its curved so that you can get to the door handle for rear door. I have looked at the makes and models pages and the last comment on the car was that the window in question cannot be tinted with film. Has anyone got any ideas for me?

Many thank Nik

Pretty certain they cant be tinted, but I havent done one to be sure, but im sure they are like the lower rear window on the new civic and cant be tinted

You can put film on it but have to be carefull not to scratch it since it is plexi/lexan (whatever)

I did it to the civic, doesn't look to good but better than nothing. It is just too time consuming to cut the film to the right size)

Leon should be easier, though.

Just be sure to explain it to the customer, and leave the extra curved part without tint (or it could be seamed maybe :evilgrin )

I'v just finished my first new leon!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

I tinted the full car including fronts and front quarter glasses. Nightmare of a car.

Although the hardest things is stripping those doors, the window regulator and electrics are all part of the door cards and once you take it off the windows aren't held up by anything. I dont know how long these normally take but I was at it for 6 hours so keep that in mind

I have the best link for the door card removal! Everyone should print this off and keep it on file for when this comes in.......

door card removel guide

Good luck!

James sunny ireland

Guest nikstar
I'v just finished my first new leon!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

I tinted the full car including fronts and front quarter glasses. Nightmare of a car.

Although the hardest things is stripping those doors, the window regulator and electrics are all part of the door cards and once you take it off the windows aren't held up by anything. I dont know how long these normally take but I was at it for 6 hours so keep that in mind

I have the best link for the door card removal! Everyone should print this off and keep it on file for when this comes in.......

door card removel guide

Good luck!

James sunny ireland

Great guide by the way, have you got any pics of what those little windows look like tinted?

When you have removed the shrouds and fixings ,most importantly the bottom long bolt.

The panel lifts up to remove scraper seal then let panel drop down to hang on door,I have never removed a door card on these.

But pulling the large outer panel off still just does not feel good and makes me nervous every time.

Try it ,good luck.

I have also always informed people that if the quarter light should ever need replacing for whatever reason ,I cant get adhesive off perspex due to risk of damage.

That normally puts them off tinting quarters,Then sell them into a shade that matches close and leave the quarter alone.

Archived