working for dealers

Guest tint stroker

Dealer work is good for giving private customers confidence in your ability but I charge them more than Joe public due to late payment and I always collect their vehicles they get premium service and pay accordingly.

Charge 20 % increase on your standard prices.

Ce careful alot of these dealerships and tint shops steal you away from a job your happy with then when you get there it might not be as busy and as soon as it slows down they lay you off or they change the pay. . The most important thing thing is you make money all year round not big money for 4 months and starve for the rest of the year. If you like your present employer talk to him and tell him of your situation .

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoy dealer work....I guess it really depends on the person. Takes some patience and decorum.......and just a touch of people skills.

If you are anti-social and dont do well in a large crowd of people....dealer work is not for you....... :hmmm

I think this sums it up quite nicely as far as looking for advice on whether or not to delve into working for/with dealerships. :rollin

I work for 21 different dealers as an outside vendor. I set my own prices, do the work on site and get referrals that weren't set up in the customers deal. The only drawback is working on a P.O. (purchase order) system, where you get paid a month later. But in these times when customers are tight with a buck, it's great just to keep working. I swing a lot of deals with them myself. If the GM of a dealer needs a couple windows done on his own car, I won't charge him but just ask for 1 or 2 cars to tint that week. When you get in tight with as many dealers as I do, there are a lot of 'perks' such as getting great deals on buying a car, parts and labor for my car at their cost. Most of the dealers I work with keep at least 2 or 3 cars tinted on the showroom and really push tint in the F and I office that also has a display. In fact this past week was the best week I've had since September and most of the work was dealer referrals.

I work for 21 different dealers as an outside vendor. I set my own prices, do the work on site and get referrals that weren't set up in the customers deal. The only drawback is working on a P.O. (purchase order) system, where you get paid a month later. But in these times when customers are tight with a buck, it's great just to keep working. I swing a lot of deals with them myself. If the GM of a dealer needs a couple windows done on his own car, I won't charge him but just ask for 1 or 2 cars to tint that week. When you get in tight with as many dealers as I do, there are a lot of 'perks' such as getting great deals on buying a car, parts and labor for my car at their cost. Most of the dealers I work with keep at least 2 or 3 cars tinted on the showroom and really push tint in the F and I office that also has a display. In fact this past week was the best week I've had since September and most of the work was dealer referrals.

What happens when 3 of them call at the same time and they need the cars tinted in the next 3 hrs . I do a couple and they seldom give notice and expect me to drop everything because they want to close the deal .

I enjoy dealer work....I guess it really depends on the person. Takes some patience and decorum.......and just a touch of people skills.

If you are anti-social and dont do well in a large crowd of people....dealer work is not for you....... :dunno

I think this sums it up quite nicely as far as looking for advice on whether or not to delve into working for/with dealerships. :lol

:thumb

I do try very hard to keep my composure sometimes with dealers....especially when they expect me to be standing on the street corner waiting for them to call. What I do is check in with all managers , every time I'm there.....Sales , Service , Pre-owned and stress the point of setting appointments.....seems to work for me.

What happens when 3 of them call at the same time and they need the cars tinted in the next 3 hrs . I do a couple and they seldom give notice and expect me to drop everything because they want to close the deal .

I'm usually 'in the area'. Just the other day, was doing a r and r on a CLS 550 at the MBZ dealer, when the local Nissan dealer calls with a removal on an 05 Honda Accord. Was late in the day, but gave them a price, they went with it and I had a hellova good day, even tho I got home at 7pm. Mostly they know to give me a 1 or 2 days notice. I've got them pretty well trained!

Yepp thats the way it is. Once you get a working relationship and they know the customer will be happy they will send you there business.

Archived