non paying customers

Guest tintec

did a 2008 passat yesyerday,all windows clean job no flaws,so custy shows up with no cash and trys to leave a 1996 fiat punto as security for cash says he will be back with money,I took 1 look at fiat and said take that p.o.s with you,so im guessing ill never see that 250 im owed,first time since I started 2.5 years ago this has happend,anyone else run into this before guys? :dunno

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline

Sorry I dont think I would have let the car leave, I always make sure I have the keys in my pocket with the car unlocked so they can inspect the work etc, and then only after they have paid will I hand the keys over last thing before they leave. No cash No car then at least as a last resort you could pull all the film off, so aleast they dont get a free tint job, and they can worry about cleaning all the adhesive of there glass. Sorry this has happened to you

I would have kept the car in my possession until the customer pays me in full. In most states, if the bill has not been paid in full you can put a mechanics lean on the vehicle it will put pressure on the customer to pay you. If they do not pay in 30 days you can take possession of the vehicle.

REMEMBER NO MONEY NO KEYS!

Sorry I dont think I would have let the car leave, I always make sure I have the keys in my pocket with the car unlocked so they can inspect the work etc, and then only after they have paid will I hand the keys over last thing before they leave. No cash No car then at least as a last resort you could pull all the film off, so aleast they dont get a free tint job, and they can worry about cleaning all the adhesive of there glass. Sorry this has happened to you
I would have kept the car in my possession until the customer pays me in full. In most states, if the bill has not been paid in full you can put a mechanics lean on the vehicle it will put pressure on the customer to pay you. If they do not pay in 30 days you can take possession of the vehicle.

REMEMBER NO MONEY NO KEYS!

Oh hell yeah, the car is not leaving with film on it if I don't get paid! :dunno

did a 2008 passat yesyerday,all windows clean job no flaws,so custy shows up with no cash and trys to leave a 1996 fiat punto as security for cash says he will be back with money,I took 1 look at fiat and said take that p.o.s with you,so im guessing ill never see that 250 im owed,first time since I started 2.5 years ago this has happend,anyone else run into this before guys? :mad

:dunno

I dont know what to say...... :lol

I would have taken the punto...... :lol and removed the film from the passat and told him to beat feet.......but the punto... :thumb is most likely stolen.

Either that or take him to the bank....or to his moms house to get some money.

Archived