newbie with little exp starting out

Guest craig.tobin

Guest craig.tobin

hello all....

I would just like to start by saying I wont be coming on here looking for a quick fix way or answers and expect to be a window tinting pro in weeks!!

I take my hat off to to those people out there who are willing to offer help and advice for people like me.

I have a keen interest in window tinting, I have only just started to think about doing it as a career.

I have tinted my own cars and a few friends (approx 10 cars in total) so I do understand the basics involved.

as you can imagine I struggle with the rear glass heat shrinking(end up creasing film etc) but am confident I will get the technique eventually.

I have looked around this site and others and have taken in as much info a poss.. I have bought a series of dvds which shows step by step guide in window tinting. I also bought a big gazebo fr my back garden in order for me to try and create a good environment to practice and actually tint friends cars.

Can anyone suggest any tried and tested ways to practice my cutting technique and also a way to practice different heat shrinking techniques.

Any info or advice offered at this stage will be greatly appreciated :rollin:rollin

Guest tintgod
hello all....

I would just like to start by saying I wont be coming on here looking for a quick fix way or answers and expect to be a window tinting pro in weeks!!

I take my hat off to to those people out there who are willing to offer help and advice for people like me.

I have a keen interest in window tinting, I have only just started to think about doing it as a career.

I have tinted my own cars and a few friends (approx 10 cars in total) so I do understand the basics involved.

as you can imagine I struggle with the rear glass heat shrinking(end up creasing film etc) but am confident I will get the technique eventually.

I have looked around this site and others and have taken in as much info a poss.. I have bought a series of dvds which shows step by step guide in window tinting. I also bought a big gazebo fr my back garden in order for me to try and create a good environment to practice and actually tint friends cars.

Can anyone suggest any tried and tested ways to practice my cutting technique and also a way to practice different heat shrinking techniques.

Any info or advice offered at this stage will be greatly appreciated :rollin:rollin

my suggestion....start reading this forum...you will be a pro in no time.

A good practise technique I have new guys do when there learning how to cut roll down windows is take the last 3 or 4 feet left on a roll and put it on a roll down window, roll the window down and just cut the top edge! Slide the film up an inch and cut it again and repeat this till you run out of film! This gets you familar with cutting a good clean edge! And your using film that normally you can't use on a car anyway! Keep practising and keep asking questions! Good luck!! :rollin

hello all....

Any info or advice offered at this stage will be greatly appreciated :dunno:rollin

my suggestion....start reading this forum...you will be a pro in no time.

or at least as good as Dan! :rollin

A good practise technique I have new guys do when there learning how to cut roll down windows is take the last 3 or 4 feet left on a roll and put it on a roll down window, roll the window down and just cut the top edge! Slide the film up an inch and cut it again and repeat this till you run out of film! This gets you familar with cutting a good clean edge! And your using film that normally you can't use on a car anyway! Keep practising and keep asking questions! Good luck!! :rollin

this should be a TOTW!! Great advise TA!

Being successful goes far beyond curiosity and practice. Commitment, passion and belief in oneself will propell anyone to success. If you possess these attributes and stay focused through each an every obstacle, then you will succeed. If not, move on to what you are passionate about. Think snow! Have a great day!

Guest scottydosnntkno
Being successful goes far beyond curiosity and practice. Commitment, passion and belief in oneself will propell anyone to success. If you possess these attributes and stay focused through each an every obstacle, then you will succeed. If not, move on to what you are passionate about. Think snow! Have a great day!

Another thing is when your first starting out, even if it means working late into the night, do not turn away business. When I was starting, there were many times where I would squeeze one more car in, and not get done until midnight or 1am, but I would get 3 more referrals through them within the next few weeks once their friends saw their car, or they had some of their family members' cars tinted.

A good practise technique I have new guys do when there learning how to cut roll down windows is take the last 3 or 4 feet left on a roll and put it on a roll down window, roll the window down and just cut the top edge! Slide the film up an inch and cut it again and repeat this till you run out of film! This gets you familar with cutting a good clean edge! And your using film that normally you can't use on a car anyway! Keep practising and keep asking questions! Good luck!! :beer

Good tip :spit

Archived