They finally got me...windshield

Well I went to court today for my windshield ticket. I fibbed a little and told the Judge I didn't know it was on there. I told him I removed it(which I did) and he let me go...So it would have been a $91 ticket. My rep said Llumar has a film called AIR blue coming next week that is legal on windshields. I don't think it is after reading all the laws. I think it is a 70% film

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao you can only black out rear qtr. glass even on suv mpv

316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---

A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator's seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range.

History: s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 1, ch. 91-42.

316.2954 Windows behind the driver; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---

(1) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle any windows behind the driver are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material, or other product or material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as specified below:

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

(b) Perforated sunscreening material which, when tested in conjunction with existing glazing or film material, has a total reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent and a light transmittance of no less than 30 percent. For those products or materials having different levels of reflectance, the highest reflectance from the product or material will be measured by dividing the area into 16 equal sections and averaging the overall reflectance. The measured reflectance of any of those sections may not exceed 50 percent.

© Louvered materials, if the installation of the materials does not reduce driver visibility by more than 50 percent.

(d) Privacy drapes, curtains and blinds, provided such covering is in an open and secure position when the motor vehicle is being operated on any public highway, road, or street.

(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway, road, or street, on which vehicle the rear window is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent, unless the vehicle is equipped with side mirrors on both sides that meet the requirements of s. 316.294.

History: s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 2, ch. 91-42.

this is the real kicker

316.2955 Window sunscreening material; compliance labeling; tolerances. ---

(1) Each installer or seller of sunscreening material shall provide a pressure-sensitive, self-destructive, nonremovable, vinyl-type film label to the purchaser stating that the material complies with the provisions of ss. 316.2951-316.2954. Each such installer shall affix the required label to the inside left door jamb of the motor vehicle. In addition, the label shall state the trade name of the material and the installer's or seller's business name. Labeling is not required for factory glazing which complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205.

(2) Every percentage measurement required by ss. 316.2951-316.2954 is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 3 percent.

History: s. 1, ch. 84-296.

Well I went to court today for my windshield ticket. I fibbed a little and told the Judge I didn't know it was on there. I told him I removed it(which I did) and he let me go...So it would have been a $91 ticket. My rep said Llumar has a film called AIR blue coming next week that is legal on windshields. I don't think it is after reading all the laws. I think it is a 70% film

I was told it is legal if the light transmission is above 77 including the factory tint. Thiis for florida.

I once asked a county sheriff about putting a clear film onto a windshield. The 2 mil security film was rated to be 80% VLT so it would not have truly been clear. His response was, "Will anyone (police) be able to tell it is on there?"

Is it legal to put a tinted film on a windshield other than for medical excuses?? Probably not....ever

They would notice in texas when you get your annual state inspection sticker. The registration and inspection sticker is located on the windshield, so if it were tinted, you'd have to cut around the stickers.

NC, why the hell do you have your windshield tinted 28%? I hate to start friction with anyone here, but thats just dumb...not to mention extremely dangerous at night. If the excuse is your eyes are too sensitive to light, then I say wear sunglasses. They are probably the same, if not darker than 28%, and you can take them off at night.

Guest filmslayer
They would notice in texas when you get your annual state inspection sticker. The registration and inspection sticker is located on the windshield, so if it were tinted, you'd have to cut around the stickers.

NC, why the hell do you have your windshield tinted 15%? I hate to start friction with anyone here, but thats just dumb...not to mention extremely dangerous at night. If the excuse is your eyes are too sensitive to light, then I say wear sunglasses. They are probably the same, if not darker than 15%, and you can take them off at night.

read a lil closer Junkie ,he said his windshield was done in 28% ....

NC, why the hell do you have your windshield tinted 15%? I hate to start friction with anyone here, but thats just dumb...not to mention extremely dangerous at night. If the excuse is your eyes are too sensitive to light, then I say wear sunglasses. They are probably the same, if not darker than 15%, and you can take them off at night.

Eh...whatever, thats still dark.

Guest filmslayer

Eh...whatever, thats still dark.

I agree !

Archived