They finally got me...windshield

Yeah it was 28% not 15. Which is still kinda dark I guess for a windshield. I had 38 for awhile and thought it was rather light. I have real strong HID headlights so I never noticed the tint being a problem at night. Doesn't matter much now because it will remain clear. The cops know my car and will keep giving me tickets. I won't give them the satisfaction...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint phantom

you can research this issue in the tint laws forum. I went through this verysame thing last year. A judge and a F.H.P. said to me ,it dont matter how the auto industry discribes their automobiles. its how the D.O.T. discibes a Multy Passenger Vehicle, Is a vehicle that has seating and seat belts equiped for six, 6 or more passengrs. like LIMOS, VANS, SUBURBANS, TAHOE XL, ARCADIA, Any thing smaller with factory dark tint is not allowed to be tinted. Are you following me camera guy? :lol2peace-1.gifCARTMAN.gif

If you re-read your post, you will see your flawed logic. You posted part of the law as "(2) "Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle with motive power designed to carry 10 persons or fewer which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation. " Did you get the part that read CONSTRUSTEC ON A TRUCK CHASSIS OR FOR OFF ROAD USE?? Neither of which the Magnun qualifies in. The Magnun is a station wagon, pure and simple. So, your tint IS !llegal and your fines are legit. The cop was right, sorry 'bout that............

Archived