heat treated laminated glass

Guest teamfutaba

Guest teamfutaba

I was wondering if anyone has had one fail after installing film. I dont mess with clear laminated very often and have heard of lots of them breaking but have never heard of heat treated laminated breaking. was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it.

I was wondering if anyone has had one fail after installing film. I dont mess with clear laminated very often and have heard of lots of them breaking but have never heard of heat treated laminated breaking. was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it.

Never had any problems with heat treated laminated, and have treated some. There are a lot of factors to consider. If you are in South Florida the climate is in your favor: A bright sun coming up on a cold northern morning is riskier than conditions you can expect. Single pane glass is usually thought less risky than insulated, though if the glazier did a crappy job with the edges you could still have problems. And size of the glass and how high absorbing the film is are also factors. As are interior or exterior shading.

Bottom line: I usually try to stay away from the films most likely to cause problems, and advise customers that there is a potential for breakage, though it doesn't happen often. And we do sometimes treat laminated glass. But since we are reasonably careful we get very few breaks a year.

Guest teamfutaba

Never had any problems with heat treated laminated, and have treated some. There are a lot of factors to consider. If you are in South Florida the climate is in your favor: A bright sun coming up on a cold northern morning is riskier than conditions you can expect. Single pane glass is usually thought less risky than insulated, though if the glazier did a crappy job with the edges you could still have problems. And size of the glass and how high absorbing the film is are also factors. As are interior or exterior shading.

Bottom line: I usually try to stay away from the films most likely to cause problems, and advise customers that there is a potential for breakage, though it doesn't happen often. And we do sometimes treat laminated glass. But since we are reasonably careful we get very few breaks a year.

so does that mean you have seen a laminated, heat treated peice of glass crack...

so does that mean you have seen a laminated, heat treated peice of glass crack...

Never , Never ,Never seen one crack, but I did see one break into a millions pieces , found an exposed screw had broken the surface tension and blammo!

oops, your talking absorbtion problem ... I haven't seen one break yet .

Guest SandyPanes

We have filmed many a laminated panes both tempered and not. And have had only one fail. And when the window was pulled out of the frame the edge was damaged. However we only install a 35% silver film on laminated glass.

Archived