Tinting Time

Guest travis22

Guest travis22

Just out of curiosity, what is the avg time you tell a customer it will take to tint their car? Not a truck or suv that you only have two windows to do, but a full sized 4 door car. If I'm not pulled away to have to go work on something else, start to finish I'm at about 2-3 hours. Is that considered a good time? I know I'll get faster as I get more experience, but I was just wondering about where the rest of you were on your tinting time per car so that I may have a general goal to shoot for.

Guest travis22

So it seems as I'm close...but yes I agree quality over quickness any day. I work mostly on our lot cars so I've got a lot of time to do a car if I need it, but when customers do come in my supervisiors are wanting the vehicles done in like an hour. Not saying its not possible, but I can't do that yet. And from what I've seen most ppl can't, so now I know it's their judgment that's off, not mine, haha. Thanks for the input peeps.

Guest Total tint
dont worry about time..be more concerned about quality...clients will come back to you more for a quality job then how fast you did their car.

:rollin way more than important than time

Guest shadedimage

Yeah, just starting out at min. about 3 hrs. always inspect your work as well.. because I have done some cars that looked good when I got finished, then 30 min later you get a small finger or something! There a lot easier to deal with if find them early :rollin

Guest travis22

yeah, I had a mazda 3 that I tinted last week for a customer. And I had one on the bottom of the back rollups that wouldn't stay down. I even heated it a bit and it would stick for about ten mins then pop back up. In the time I washed it (I always wash the cars I tint when I'm done) and drove it back to the pick up line the sucka had popped up again. I finally just brought it back to my bay where there's a heater and just left it in there til the customer showed up in hopes that being in a warmer place it would be stuck down for good by the time they got here. They didn't come back so guess it worked....

Archived