Film Territorys

Guest cleanwork

Guest cleanwork

Heres where I get confused. Certain films are supposed to get territories. How can this work.

I have seen 2 mmm dealers compete against one another in the same city. I also see vista and sunscape as well. Who is going to police this- "NO ONE"

Territories only work on non-mobile car window tint shops.

The manufactures should find someway to fix this. I guess they could see

where the warrantys are filled out. otherwise its just an inside joke.

I see so-called exclusive films sold everywhere.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or not, in Houston, there is only ONE Sunscape/MAC dealer, and my distributor won't budge on letting someone else sell it. I, at some point, will be able to carry it b/c I am located in Cypress, Tx and he is in Stafford, Tx...which is about 50-60 mile difference. Houston is so large, that you could be 75miles away from another tint shop, and still be in Houston. Here, its not such a big deal to have more than one dealer of the same exclusive product...although others will disagree.

I have to do more volume to become a Sunscape/MAC dealer, but all I really care about is the Sunscape line...I could care less about the MAC film. It sucks anyway. I would let the other dealer have the exclusive on MAC.

From what I understand, no company can refuse to sell to you, as long as you are a real business and are in good credit standing with them.

They can choose which price structure to give you, but it is supposedly ileegal for them to refuse to sell to you, unless they are under contract with a particular place. :)

I could be wrong, but that is the way I understand it.

Guest vclimber
From what I understand, no company can refuse to sell to you, as long as you are a real business and are in good credit standing with them.

They can choose which price structure to give you, but it is supposedly ileegal for them to refuse to sell to you, unless they are under contract with a particular place. :)

I could be wrong, but that is the way I understand it.

So why can't I be a Ford or a Chevy Dealer and buy direct? I'm a real business. Not that I'd want too... :)

Archived