front roll ups off line

Guest tintec

tinted a 2003 toyota corolla 3 door yesterday,when I applied film to front roll ups and went to wind window back up the glass somehow seemed to drop foward and yo could see nearly the whole side of the glass it was hardly catching the rubber by 2mm,so I held it straight and winded it up into place and told customer he would have to get them fixed somehow,my question is what do you guys do in this situation as when window is down you can see edge of film

you have to note that vehicle and redo the fronts and cut the film just the size of the gap bigger. Have to learn this Chevy cavaliers are like that here in the U.S.

ive done a couple of these and never seen this problem,I thought it was a genuine case that they were off track or somthing

I mark the edges with a sharpie and then cut past the line whatever amount is needed to compensate for the window shift or general framing. Only had a couple issues in the years that I have been doing it this way.....

Mark the edge while the window is up then again when you roll it down a bit to cut the top edge. You will see if the window shifted on its own and I always tug on the window to see if it shifts either way on the second mark too.....

I mark the edges with a sharpie and then cut past the line whatever amount is needed to compensate for the window shift or general framing. Only had a couple issues in the years that I have been doing it this way.....

Mark the edge while the window is up then again when you roll it down a bit to cut the top edge. You will see if the window shifted on its own and I always tug on the window to see if it shifts either way on the second mark too.....

:drevil

Archived