"Meters" .... does anyone use these?

Guest timbobelmo

Guest fredstinting

does any one know if the vlt meter has to be calibrated and how often. customer got a ticket for film on front doors to dark I put 20% he said the cop show the meter read 17% so the cop gave him ticket

I put 35% which it lighter than what florida law reads the darkest is 28%. after he went back to the police station to have it tested again they say the film reads 24% still not passing. the film is soltek never had a problem b4. can a vlt meter be off that bad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
does any one know if the vlt meter has to be calibrated and how often. customer got a ticket for film on front doors to dark I put 20% he said the cop show the meter read 17% so the cop gave him ticket

I put 35% which it lighter than what florida law reads the darkest is 28%. after he went back to the police station to have it tested again they say the film reads 24% still not passing. the film is soltek never had a problem b4. can a vlt meter be off that bad.

I believe they can but probably not +/-.04 I know the btu meter and IR meters can be off...

Guest hjchome

If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, would you be interested in using it to measure the Visible Light Transmission (VLT) percentage? I just completed an application called ‘iTint’ , and should be available in the Apple App Store by the end of August 2009.

If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, would you be interested in using it to measure the Visible Light Transmission (VLT) percentage? I just completed an application called ‘iTint’ , and should be available in the Apple App Store by the end of August 2009.

Dude, that is a sweet idea. Let me know when you have it available and I will post it as news on the Zola Distributing site. Good luck! :cool Great to see someone innovating.

lmao.............this is comical

So how can it measure vlt without a 'known' light source to measure from ??? :cool

very interesting idea :cool

Archived