caught car on fire

Guest Total tint

When it comes back in look at the rest of the car and see what chemicals they are putting on there interior. Obviously its something extremely flammabe. I dont heat on the inside alot, but I have heated alot of plastic for other things and its flash point is way higher than what a heat gun will create. Hell you use a torch to bend plexi and lexan. :thumb

I burnt about 3 door panels and a couple headliners fom heat shrinking from inside the car over the past 15 years . . Luckly I have a good guy that has that burn repair ( vinyl repair )business. They look like original after he is finished .Never had one actually catch on fire .

You ever heat near the door speakers and you see smoke coming out . oopps

Guest teamfutaba
I burnt about 3 door panels and a couple headliners fom heat shrinking from inside the car over the past 15 years . . Luckly I have a good guy that has that burn repair ( vinyl repair )business. They look like original after he is finished .Never had one actually catch on fire .

You ever heat near the door speakers and you see smoke coming out . oopps

thats funny right there... you know if your in this long enough you get some good stories.

was tinting a bug (old style) back window. kneeling on the back seat I start smelling smoke. kind of smelled like a horse burning. im like wheres that smell coming from, all of a sudden I see flames rolling up between my legs, im like ooohhh ssshhhiiitttt... jump out of the car and start blasting with my bottle. freaking fire everywhere. all the time yelling to the office at the custy who was watching tv. I pull (rip) the top of the rear seat out, got the fire under control, the custys yelling at me like its my fault. I tell him if he yells at me again his car wont be the only thing on fire... come to find out he removed the battery cover which insulates the wire underside of the seat from the battery. duhhh.

1st car I tinted with my own business I scorched the headliner messin w/ dot matrix on a stang. Knew a guy who repaired burns, $20 later and the problem was solved.

Also busted the defroster (repaired myself) and f'ed up the matrix (vinyled it)

Not the best start, but the final product was great after a few issues..... I was drinking straight Gin when I got home that night!

Archived