One Way Film

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not good, anyway, I guess your best bet would be a so called dual-reflective film, which is NR from the inside and reflective from the outside, but if inside is more light than outside then there is little you can do.

Well you have 15years under your belt, and yet you have not come up with an answer.... So im guessing :thumb experiance dont count for much!

Not good, anyway, I guess your best bet would be a so called dual-reflective film, which is NR from the inside and reflective from the outside, but if inside is more light than outside then there is little you can do.

Well you have 15years under your belt, and yet you have not come up with an answer.... So im guessing :lol experiance dont count for much!

The best way to put it Solar Shades is what I refer to AS "THE HOLY GRAIL" of films . If such a film existed..many of us would be filthy rich :beer

The answer to your question is no , there is no true one way film without it reversing the reflective properties to a certain degree at night time..if this isn't an issue for the customer then there are plenty of 1 way daytime films to choose from from most every manufacture :thumb

Please someone tell me I'm wrong on this..I would love to eat my words and have every home in the suburbs a customer...just tell me the distributor and type of film :thumb

One option that a couple of the tinters we deal with have done is layer a 5% inside of a silver 15%. Of course there is no warranty with this and it is really not recomended, but some customers don't care.

Light, like any form of energy, cannot be blocked in one direction and pass through in another. If you can see through something in one direction, you can see through it the other, too. If you can hear through it in one direction, you can hear through it the other too. Gravity, radiation, light, soundwaves, ALL work the same. If you can develop a TRUE one way vision substance, then you could probably develop antigravity boots and we could all fly. :bingo

Guest tintcity

Is this site a place to ask a simple question and receive a smart-ass reply? I'm sure Solar-Shades had somewhat of a idea on this topic,he merely wanted some feedback.With business not as good as it could be,the last thing I would want to read to my question is a reply like the 4 out of 6 that were posted.Cocky,know it all window tinters.You are one of a kind for sure!Solar-Shades is trying to make a few $$.I will be the first to admit (w/30 plus years) that I have some knowledge about this industry,but I sure don't know it all.With that said,bring on the replies.Lets see who is a window tinter and who is a smart-ass window tinter.

Archived