What would you do???

Guest oasisglatint

Are you looking for someone to tell you ' Oh... It's ok... people like that are above the law ' ????

I'm certainly not going to say that....

The law is the law....

I think it's a prety black and white scenerio.....

Hey TTS.

I counted on that from you. :lol

You have the same law in Oregon that we do in Tenn. Do you think, and I mean PERSONALLY-PROFESSIONALLY, that 15% is too dark on a car?????

And I know the law is the law. But that's bullshit, and you know it!!!!!

Common Sense......... A sport Ute rear=15% OK...... but a 4 door accord rear =15% BAD.... VERY BAD!?!?!?!?

NO COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!

If I'm a thug, I'm getn a Escalade and hammering the rear 5%, and riding around laughing ALL DAY LONG......

NO COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!

Not trying to justify, just sayn that I struggle with our goofy ass legal system

Have you ever explained our law to a custy, only to finish and have them look at you with that... do you hear yourself, look on their face???

:beer EVERY TIME I get done giving the customer their options I ALWAYS get the confused look and the same question ' Why the set of double standards for trucks/suvs ?? ' :bingo

All I can tell them is 'I don't write the laws, I just live by them' and ' Next time you vote... ask the candidate what their position on dark window tint is ' :lol

I DO feel your pain.....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oasisglatint
being a very good repeat customer that I knew well enough, I'd do it. :beer some dumbazz random customer off the street and hell no. :lol but someone who's been bringing me business for years and alot of it. I'd make an exception. I'd also stress the point bigtime that this one time was THE exception.

I'm sure I'll get a ton of shiat for this one. :lol

:lol

Blade, I appreciate your candor. And as a guy, I respect you MORE for it!!!

I think as an owner, sometimes I have to juggle lots to please custy's, pay bills, and keep my employee fed and happy!!!!!!

I personally see a problem with our laws and the way they are "selectively" enforced. Give me a family with a 4 door and a new baby, and tell them they can't have 15 on the rear to protect the baby....... We got addressable problems :bingo

my boss will only do legal fl. limits she is sending away 3/4 of the auto tint jobs. I've been telling her no receipts, and bumping it up 50 -75$ for darker tint. if I tinted the cars the way thay want I would be twice as busy on the cars. boss say's flat glass is more importaint

Guest Total tint

you know I struggle all the time with the same thing, being in a military town most people want 20% or less a lot I can convert to 35, but I still lose prob. 20 to 30% to the hacks down the street. I have been tempted thoug escpically when a repeat brings in one of there buddies and he offers to pay double, but at the same time I still got to sleep at night without worry bout it coming back on me. Funny the biggest pain in my but happens to be the triple m dealer in town. But stay legal and it will pay off in the long run trust us :spit

Guest oasisglatint
So, what kind of consequences are ya looking at if you are caught applying darker tint?

:spit

I'm sure it's worse than the piece of %&$# that sells Dr*gs daily

:spit

In Florida it's a cival suite because it's a misdameaner! Not sure how much the fine is cuz I haven't had any problems! That's probably why I'm not to concerned about doing it from time to time! Now if I got caught and had a fine slapped on me then I wouldn't care if it was my mother, no !llegal film! :spit

Archived