Tavist Smiley - WTF?????

I listened to an interview with Tavist Smiley about race relations and the president elect. I could not believe his statement that Obama being elected did not bring Dr Kings dream to fruition, but was only a down payment. Dr Kings dream could definately be thought to have come true, with a black man achieving the highest office in the country. As many have stated, he, along with some of the old guard in the black comunity, are worried that their battle cry and power may begin to deminish, since their whole power base relies on having racial battles be so great. What are your thoughts???

I listened to an interview with Tavist Smiley about race relations and the president elect. I could not believe his statement that Obama being elected did not bring Dr Kings dream to fruition, but was only a down payment. Dr Kings dream could definately be thought to have come true, with a black man achieving the highest office in the country. As many have stated, he, along with some of the old guard in the black comunity, are worried that their battle cry and power may begin to deminish, since their whole power base relies on having racial battles be so great. What are your thoughts???

Well I dont think by Obama being the president validates Dr. Kings vision. I feel this image is not what he intended for. Sure, its historic, but Dr. King wanted us to not judge a man by his color, but by the his character. I dont see this happening here only b/c of the focus on his color. I dont think Dr. Kings vision has been truly seen/experienced yet.

Archived